Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM

940 posts, read 1,368,110 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know that lots of people are fed up realtors, sellers and buyers. But, I have seen it time and time again agents complaining about other agents not getting back to them one way or another. I do NOT know why this would happen!!! I guess the lazy agent can just blame it on the bad times right now and not have to worry about their referrals or anything else, because they have all the excuses, seller won't go down, too much inventory, time of year etc....

Well, I just had a knock at my door and for the third time a realtor had buyers in the car and she called the # on my MLS and NO ONE returned her call, so she just came by, had an appt between 2 and 3!! NO ONE bothered to call me either!! 2 other agents said the samething, when I asked my agent what happened all I got was excuses! Well, guess what I'am DONE.

My first agent sold her home moved to another state and expected me to let her sell my home for a different state! (OK Im going to let you put a sign in my yard with your name and HOPE it sell in these hard times). Second agents husband got very ill and passed us on to someone else in the office, but keep herself as the listing agent.

Houses are selling in my development, all at different prices, last sale was just on 11/15!!! 4 homes in the last month!! I have had 1 showing!! All I can think about is how many buyers I have lost because of my agent(s) carelessness!!! The agent just contacted me this morning about lowering my price, what the heck maybe if you just pick up the phone and returned phone calls maybe just maybe I wouldn't have to do that. She will not do open houses, ok I understand that, but she will not even do a brokers open, she is too busy!!

Well, it's on to the next realtor and all I can do is hope and pray that they don't move have a sick relative or are just to darn busy!!! It does not help at these bad times to put a seller thru such bull!! It is not fair to waste someones time, patients and most of all trust!!! I does take alot of trust us sellers put in our agents we hire!! I just feel that if you don't want the job, don't take it!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for taking the time to read!!

Im calling the realtor that showed today and asking what happened and then it bye bye to the agency I have now, let you know how it goes!!!

Happy Selling!!
Kickin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 03:03 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,024,310 times
i'm sorry you're having such a difficult time kickin. have you thought about taking a look at one of the agents who sold one of those 4 houses and meeting with them? goo luck with you call. I hope everything works out for you.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
~saddened~....I truly hope the next agent you encounter is much more professional and ready, willing, and able to work.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,875 times
That is just so wrong on all counts, I do feel so badly for you. Wishing you the best on finding a great agent and a great sell for you!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:12 PM

559 posts, read 1,356,859 times
I feel you pain.........

My realtor left on an awards trip the second week of my listing with no away message on her cell and didn't even let me know she was going.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,875 times
My first realtor quit her job and didn't even bother to tell us. Had no clue until I called her office one day to speak with her, "oh she doesn't work here anymore..."

Old 11-29-2007, 05:18 PM

92 posts, read 364,878 times
I really do feel for you! I am a PB, and have not been able to see SEVERAL homes, because the seller's agent could not be reached/would not call my agent back, even after repeated phone calls. There are lots of homes for me to see, so it doesn't matter that much to me...but I am always thinking "Oh, if the poor seller only knew"...

Old 11-29-2007, 05:50 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
I don't get it. Don't they have lock boxes in Florida? I've bought and sold several houses in various states, and never heard of the listing agent being required to be present to show a house.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Red face Sorry about your situation with Realtors kickinback

But have you considered changing your listing to By Appt Only with your number listed as the contact number? This way you can get ALL the calls and ask the agent who will be showing the home some questions (if you wish) and also ask them to call you if they will be late or there is a change of plans.

Just something to consider. I will post more later !

Prayers and best wishes to you!

~HDL~

Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 PM

940 posts, read 1,368,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
But have you considered changing your listing to By Appt Only with your number listed as the contact number? This way you can get ALL the calls and ask the agent who will be showing the home some questions (if you wish) and also ask them to call you if they will be late or there is a change of plans.

Just something to consider. I will post more later !

Prayers and best wishes to you!

~HDL~
Hi, HDL nice to see you over here!! Anyway, that is what we had in the MLS listing I do not know what happened with that. I spoke with the agent that showed the home today and she said she hit the on-line show button this morning and after not hearing from anyone she called the agent and left a message, as of 7:30 tonite, no one has called her back. Because of the situation with my realtor, I'm getting the feeling I'am just being thrown around the office and whatever happens, happens. Not the way I would like to spend my 3%!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate