Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 PM

659 posts, read 1,172,561 times

Advertisements

Their guessing on repair cost or getting cold feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 06:05 PM

550 posts, read 1,487,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityJAX View Post
Their guessing on repair cost or getting cold feet.
Even so, why would they not submit a repair request? They have until the DD period expires to pull out no matter what.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM

659 posts, read 1,172,561 times
I once had a Realtor that didn't want me to renegotiate my original offer because she didn't want to get "embarrassed" by asking or insult the seller who happened to be a Realtor too. Sometimes Realtors do this verbal back and forth thing or make up conversations as opposed to just forwarding offers as written. Funny thing is dude just wanted out of the house and accepted our post inspection offer.

Really not sure who is being a slow poke here or why but I hope once you get the details you fill us in.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starla View Post
Well they already entered the condition of some of the systems in the house into price negotiations. And I already had the house inspected before I put it on the market. So there should be no surprises, and like I said I am ready to walk if the buyer starts playing games. But the buyer doesn't know those last two things, so you might be right. I can't think of any legitimate reason for the buyer to be taking so long, so the game playing thing is looking more and more likely.
I hope its not true and they're just getting cold feet. But it would be nice to fish or cut baiting the part of the buyer

Old 02-13-2014, 07:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Maybe another house has come on the market that they may like better and they are deciding whether to get out of the contract to buy your home and buy the new one instead. Nasty, but possible.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Maybe another house has come on the market that they may like better and they are deciding whether to get out of the contract to buy your home and buy the new one instead. Nasty, but possible.
I don't think you're supposed to bid on. Another house while under current contract on a house. RE guys would know better.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:19 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,892,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I don't think you're supposed to bid on. Another house while under current contract on a house. RE guys would know better.
* there are a handful of ways to get out of a contract, legally... ethically, knowing that and writing on two homes at the same time... ehhhhh..

but I would never advise a client to submit on offer on two homes at the same time, especially one that we were already under contract on, UNLESS the steps were in motion to vacate the original contract and waiting on the second home could mean losing it.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
* there are a handful of ways to get out of a contract, legally... ethically, knowing that and writing on two homes at the same time... ehhhhh..

but I would never advise a client to submit on offer on two homes at the same time, especially one that we were already under contract on, UNLESS the steps were in motion to vacate the original contract and waiting on the second home could mean losing it.

Yeah I was iffy on this. I just thought it was really frowned upon and I didn't think most RE agents liked doing two offers at once from the same client. But hey people get stupid when buying and selling houses.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:29 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Your agent didn't write a time line into the contract? The buyer should have so many days to get the inspection. Unil that deadline, they can take their time to think about it.

If they want out, all they have to do is reject the inspection. They don't have to ask for repairs or do any other negotiating.

Most likely, they are deciding if they want to deal with the flaws or maybe they are getting estimates.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Default Waiting for the Due Diligence to Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I didn't mean that the buyers were going to submit an offer on another house during the DD period. My point is that they may want to buy another house instead and are waiting for the due diligence period to expire on the OP's home. In my state the law is that any buyer can walk after the due diligence period lapses.

Last edited by staywarm2; 02-14-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate