Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:19 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

How long does one need to be "welcomed" home for?

Take your banner down from the outside and move it to the inside of the house.

How long does someone need a stork sign in their yard telling date/time/weight/length? Until the kid is 30?

Move on and along.

And don't move in to an HOA if you can't deal with the "rules" you are aware of before you move in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:50 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
This is absurd. The family's soldier went to war so that people could choose to be governed by homeowners and not the government. That's what's happening here. HOA has legal approved authority.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:56 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If you don't want to live in a place that has restrictions, move. No one forces anyone to live there, we do it by choice. Just because they put the hot button in the mix about a returning soldier, that of course makes people upset, but rules are rules.

I live in a condo and people here do all kinds of things that get them cited, but again, no one is forcing you to live here. There are lots of places that do not have as many restrictions, just find one of those and you might be happier.

Me, I accept the rules and understand why they exist.

Don
No, not a choice; due to gov regulations, in many places only HOA's can be built, thus severely limiting the pool of non-HOA housing.

If it was simply a free market, I would agree, by the gov has been actively involved in the HOA business.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:58 AM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, not a choice; due to gov regulations, in many places only HOA's can be built, thus severely limiting the pool of non-HOA housing.

If it was simply a free market, I would agree, by the gov has been actively involved in the HOA business.
Absolutely bull!!!

There are plenty of communities without HOAs. No government conspiracy.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:22 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Absolutely bull!!!

There are plenty of communities without HOAs. No government conspiracy.
And there are numerous communities where it is impossible to subdivide land without an HOA.

The nature of the HOA however can vary widely.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
This is absurd. The family's soldier went to war so that people could choose to be governed by homeowners and not the government. That's what's happening here. HOA has legal approved authority.

the soldier is fighting overseas for OUR freedom, yet.....................................need I say more?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
People complain about HOAs, but never do anything about them. The best way to deal with an HOA is to get elected to the board.
I don't complain about HOAs because I will never buy a house in a place that has one. Life is full of rules and laws the last place I need more of them is on MY property.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
What is the purpose of displaying the welcome home sign a month after he already is home ?

Do these same people still have their Christmas lights on in February ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate