Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
These repos are on a price reduction schedule usually, wait them out a couple of weeks and resubmit. Or climb up the corporate ladder to find the person who supervises the idiot who said no.

Corporate wisdom may be equal military intelligence.
No No - We got outbid on a full list offer. The successful buyer offered over list and to pay all closing costs...I am still trying to figure out if that included RE commissions though I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
My bad. Ordinarily I can read and understand the english language. My condolences then

Old 12-06-2007, 06:33 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Made an offer on a REPO Monday...List Price...no contingencies close whenever. Outrageous Earnest money... Lost it....@#%^&*

How in the world does one lose full price no contingency close whenever huge earnest money offers in a buyers market? And a 2.5% commission to add insult to injury...and we were committed to a referral fee as well.

The Admiral is on my case...We should have talked the client into offering 5% over list!

Anytime you think you have this business figured out it stabs you in the back..

Small deal by the way. No real harm. Client will be back.

But it was so neat...put it together in three or four hours all told. Almost like tripping over money. And then boom...#$$%%^^&^%$%...

The otherside offered list plus a percent plus agreed to pay all closing costs...
Quote:
VickiR

I've been working with a first time homebuyer for the last 2 months. We are looking in the Apex and Holly Springs area of Wake County, NC.

First house she liked, listed for $139,000...sold in 4 days!

Second house she liked...same area, same square footage, listed for $144,000 sold in 2 days!

Third house she liked...listed for $146,000 sold in 6 days.

TODAY...4th house she liked...sold for $149,000 in 5 days.

I'm on "MLS WATCH". The next house that comes up for sale in that area IS HERS!!!

Vicki
Wow! If all homes were at repo and "starter home" prices, we'd be humming right along again.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
Quote:
Wow! If all homes were at repo and "starter home" prices, we'd be humming right along again.
+1 for Magellan, he gets it!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:46 PM

266 posts, read 590,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Some people are just perpetual cheerleaders for a depressed industry.

They call this whistling through the graveyard.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:31 AM

403 posts, read 1,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
At the very, very bottom end of pricing, I'm seeing the exact same thing...priced ahead of the curve, multiple offers may not be the norm, but their not the exception, either.

It's not a big market, but it's defintely a hot market.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:44 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
Well, with 9, yes, 9 offers on the house the bank rejected ALL the offers and changed the criteria for an acceptable offer. Has to be cash and it has to be with no contingencies including inspections. Ended up with a lot of po'd people, I'll tell ya that.
In essence what they did was use the MLS as an auction house, rejected everything, even those that met or were above the terms they had set forth in the listing and then changed the rules of the game.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:39 AM

Oh, wow, someone took a rep point from me because I agreed with Magellan and gave him a rep point...

(Must be the doom and gloom, sky is falling, oh my God don't buy a house you moron, because I know nothing about everything troll that keeps posting....)

Of course I could be wrong...

Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 AM

135 posts, read 305,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingbyron View Post
Oh, wow, someone took a rep point from me because I agreed with Magellan and gave him a rep point...

(Must be the doom and gloom, sky is falling, oh my God don't buy a house you moron, because I know nothing about everything troll that keeps posting....)

Of course I could be wrong...
How many catch phrases can you fit on one posting?

Forgot to add "you're just jealous you don't own a home", "tire kicker", "bottom feeder", and a few others.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
How many catch phrases can you fit on one posting?

Forgot to add "you're just jealous you don't own a home", "tire kicker", "bottom feeder", and a few others.
Thanks, I've used those before, didn't want to sound too monotonous...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate