Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,228,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi12 View Post
Any suggestions for a nice way to end the relationship with the first agent? We never went out with him, never signed anything. Still, I feel bad that he did spend some of his time on us. But I have to watch out for my interest and find an agent that would work with us as much as possible.

Send him an email, explain why you have decided to work with another agent. Explain to him the level of service you are looking for and you just didn't seem to be getting it with him.

Its not personal, its business. Just remember that.

In the future, the feedback from you could help him step his service up with other clients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 08:27 PM

44 posts, read 77,519 times
Thank you for all your comments. We did go with the new agent, found a house, and put an offer in. We'll see how that goes. The level of involvement was a lot higher, the new agent did a lot of the leg work, took us out to see houses and spent a whole day on the road with us, was very prompt with her answers and even showed us how she did the comps. She made the process very transparent and we trust her to look out for our interests. Hopefully we'll get this house because we really like it!

Old 04-06-2014, 09:17 PM

8,539 posts, read 12,271,462 times
Quote:
We did go with the new agent, found a house, and put an offer in. We'll see how that goes.
That was quick. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:48 PM

8,525 posts, read 13,904,246 times
Quote:
Thank you for all your comments. We did go with the new agent, found a house, and put an offer in. We'll see how that goes. The level of involvement was a lot higher, the new agent did a lot of the leg work, took us out to see houses and spent a whole day on the road with us, was very prompt with her answers and even showed us how she did the comps. She made the process very transparent and we trust her to look out for our interests. Hopefully we'll get this house because we really like it!
I wish more people were willing to do what you have done and experience the benefits of an agent who actually works for you. I feel for this agent having family health issues but I know the day after my wife gave birth a couple months ago I was hosting an open house. If under performing agents are fired more often, they won't make any money and will be out of business. This would leave only the high performing agents and a better experience for the consumer.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 PM

44 posts, read 77,519 times
Hi Mike, thank you for your comments. Yes, I felt bad too but I guess RE business is not easy to do if you can't make a full time commitment, especially in hot markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
the day after my wife gave birth a couple months ago I was hosting an open house.
Congratulations! You have a 2 mo old, do real estate, AND city-data forum almost daily? You're superman.

Our offer was accepted! On to the inspection now. Very exciting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate