Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:53 AM

63 posts, read 58,813 times

Advertisements

Sorry you feel that way as I'm very open to discussing REALTOR REBATES and the massive savings available to buyers thru the very professional Realtors who offer this to consumers.

Just don't blame Mortgage Brokers for referring Consumers to these realtors, especially after we've had to deal with realtors threatening to steal out borrowers over .125% in rate or a few bucks in a processing fee, etc.!

Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I give up, no point in debating with a brick wall. Have a good day.
Which is what lead to the phrase "You can always tell a Marine, you just can't tell him much"

Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1984 View Post
Sorry you feel that way as I'm very open to discussing REALTOR REBATES and the massive savings available to buyers thru the very professional Realtors who offer this to consumers.

Just don't blame Mortgage Brokers for referring Consumers to these realtors, especially after we've had to deal with realtors threatening to steal out borrowers over .125% in rate or a few bucks in a processing fee, etc.!
Did the client sign a contract to work exclusively with you? In real estate they do sign a contract to hire the agent so meddling on your part would be torturous interference. Secondly, the pay to Realtor is outlined in the contract in black and white so there are no surprises. You aren't comparing apples to apples.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Did the client sign a contract to work exclusively with you? In real estate they do sign a contract to hire the agent so meddling on your part would be torturous interference. Secondly, the pay to Realtor is outlined in the contract in black and white so there are no surprises. You aren't comparing apples to apples.
Uh....
Does "Not a Member" ring a bell?

Old 04-15-2014, 09:26 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Marc,

There is no marketing going on here, I'm not trying to direct any consumer to my website nor do I need anymore business than I already have coming in. I'm simply opening a discussion to the massive savings available to consumers in 40 states that now allow Realtors to offer Rebates.
Then start your own thread and stop mooching off someone else's thread! And you DO sound like a con artist!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Then start your own thread and stop mooching off someone else's thread! And you DO sound like a con artist!
Or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Uh....

Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Analogy:

You’re buying a new car and ABC dealership is Demanding youpay Full Sticker Price (i.e. 3% Buyer’s Agent commission), but XYZ dealershipis willing to sell you the same exact car for half the price, are you willingto pay Full Sticker at ABC dealership?

Do you care about what ABC’s internal costs are, how muchthey spend for their building lease, advertising, how big of a name they have,their commission split with the salesman, how much profit they want to make onyou just because other dealerships are still making Full Sticker Price on buyers?
Depends on the dealership. There is a dealership I would be more than willing to pay full asking price because I've purchased from them before and was EXTREMELY satisfied with the service I received after my purchase for maintenance and repairs.

Then there's the dealership where I purchased my last vehicle. I wouldn't buy a bicycle from them because I was treated so badly after the sale.

And the last house I purchased, I paid 4% in commissions to my realtor. Well, the seller paid it, but if they wouldn't have paid above the 3.5% that is standard in my area, I was on the hook for the balance. That particular agent was WELL worth his 4%.

He didn't just show me a handful of houses. He stayed on top of the sale until the day of closing. He would place phone calls when things would get stalled out by certain parties. There's a reason he's been in business for over 30 years.

With all things in life, you get what you pay for!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Here's a question to realtors:

On a purchase, who works harder and should make more, the realtor or the Mortgage Broker?
Considering my mortgage broker only worked on my file for 3 days before it went to underwriting and the home office, I'm going to say my realtor worked much harder and longer. He called me and emailed me almost daily to make sure I was in the loop and that we all were on the same page.

Nice try though.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Stop feeding the troll please.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Stop feeding the troll please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Uh....
"Beating a dead horse" comes to mind:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate