Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasABigMistake View Post
The appraisal was done last May and it was at 737 when I bought the house. Market is up 8-10% since then . Why I am selling the house so soon is a different topic for another thread.

As per the appraiser the ugly view has no impact since atleast its open and you can see lake, mountains and view from the house
Keep in mind . . . appraisals are not an exact science either. They're really just done to protect the interests of the lender when getting a mortgage. The only people who can truly tell you what your house is worth are the buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
If your broker brings you a full price offer and you refuse to sell, you owe the broker his commission.
OP should check his listing contract for a clause like this, but it's highly unlikely that you're correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Do you know that a great marketing ploy in our area is to price a home below market price to bring in the competitive offers? It's nothing to have a home listed 25K below where it winds up because the feeding frenzy gets everyone all caught up and they just have to win.
If the OP's market is hot (and many markets around the country are especially major centers of business like Seattle) then their agent has done them a HUGE favor. While many homeowners have a tough time understanding this strategy, it's wildly successful in a seller's market like this. I wouldn't doubt that their house will sell for more money doing this than it would have priced $25K higher. The lower the price, the crazier people get and the more money they bid. I've been telling all my clients this and those that listen reap the benefits. Those that don't . . . well I still sell their house but I probably could have gotten them more money this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

If the OP's market is hot (and many markets around the country are especially major centers of business like Seattle) then their agent has done them a HUGE favor. While many homeowners have a tough time understanding this strategy, it's wildly successful in a seller's market like this. I wouldn't doubt that their house will sell for more money doing this than it would have priced $25K higher. The lower the price, the crazier people get and the more money they bid. I've been telling all my clients this and those that listen reap the benefits. Those that don't . . . well I still sell their house but I probably could have gotten them more money this way.
Exactly.......and, it's well past 5 PM on Monday. Anyone think we will hear what happened?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 AM

2,737 posts, read 5,456,694 times
OP, don't leave us hanging! What happened?

S/he may still be negotiating, so I understand there may be a delay before we hear.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:00 AM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Exactly.......and, it's well past 5 PM on Monday. Anyone think we will hear what happened?
It went under contract if it's the house I think it is.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:00 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
If your broker brings you a full price offer and you refuse to sell, you owe the broker his commission.
I doubt it. There's more to a contract than price. If I brought a full price offer with 5 year close date that probably wouldn't be very acceptable.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:51 PM

61 posts, read 86,109 times
We decided to take it off the market. We will continue living here...Agent was OK with it. Thanks all

Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
You have had 25 showings, however you have no offers. Seattle is a hot market, and people jump on new properties on the market.

If the price was as much below the market as some agents are telling you, you can be assured you would have had at least one offer out of 25.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
You have had 25 showings, however you have no offers. Seattle is a hot market, and people jump on new properties on the market.

If the price was as much below the market as some agents are telling you, you can be assured you would have had at least one offer out of 25.
I agree. The house was priced well but there is something putting off buyers. The seller may have to lower the price even further to make buyers overlook the issues with the home.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:22 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasABigMistake View Post
We decided to take it off the market. We will continue living here...Agent was OK with it. Thanks all
So, I guess we are to assume that you got NO offers at or above the listing price (which, under most circumstances, would have left you liable for a brokerage fee ... which the agent would probably not have "been okay with ignoring" (??)

It's funny how fears and concerns often take-on a life of their own... while waiting for something that might never happen.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:08 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
That post was 4 yrs ago. Probably figured it out by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate