Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM

157 posts, read 1,303,854 times

Advertisements

I have met with a local Coldwell Banker realtor that wants to take our listing on at an agressive price (her idea). She has sold $50M in the first nine months of this year with an average sale of over $1.5M. She wants to place us in the Coldwell Banker Previews International Program - Platinum Level. I interviewed a lot of realtors and none came close to the presentation she has.

Can anyone comment on any possible downside of going with the CB program?

Our property is on a resort island in Florida.

Thank you.

Last edited by itsme2; 12-11-2007 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,318,516 times
I used to work for CB in the marketing department and all I can say is it goes by the agent. CB has some nice marketing tools available to their agents, but really it comes down to a good agent who can take advantage of those tools and combine them with their own ideas.
If she knocked your socks off and you have a good feeling, go with it!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I have met with a local Coldwell Banker realtor that wants to take our listing on at an agressive price (her idea). She has sold $50M in the first nine months of this year with an average sale of over $1.5M. She wants to place us in the Coldwell Banker Previews International Program - Platinum Level. I interviewed a lot of realtors and none came close to the presentation she has.

Can anyone comment on any possible downside of going with the CB program?

Our property is on a resort island in Florida.

Thank you.
I don't know your property, this agent, or your circumstances. I only know the Florida market from what I read & have heard secondhand. With even that limited amount of knowledge, though, I would be careful about listing any property in Florida at an "aggressive" price right now. Make sure the price is attainable in the current market conditions. It's easy for someone to say it should be priced at $XXX. It's also pretty easy to come back in 45 days & say,the market's not being good to us, maybe we should reduce the price. It sounds to me like you were at least mildly surprised at the price she suggested. If that's true, ask her to justify it, to show you why she feels this way.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:28 PM

157 posts, read 1,303,854 times
Bill,

She did justify it with recent sales that I was unawre of. We have a unique property in a unique location.

Thank you

Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 PM

403 posts, read 1,170,758 times
Sounds like she impressed you and you liked her...I'd give her the opportunity.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 PM

506 posts, read 2,280,879 times
Default Picking an agent is

all about how you felt after your interview with them, if they really impressed yo then go with them and just hope they make the same impression on possible buyers....i give it 2 thumbs up..... good luck

Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,995,719 times
Based on the info in your second post, do what you think is right:-) Sorry, I can't make the decision for you.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:09 AM

1,405 posts, read 4,789,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
I used to work for CB in the marketing department and all I can say is it goes by the agent. CB has some nice marketing tools available to their agents, but really it comes down to a good agent who can take advantage of those tools and combine them with their own ideas.
If she knocked your socks off and you have a good feeling, go with it!
I agree completely - In my experience the choice of Agent is vastly more important than the company or corporate umbrella.
David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate