Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,494,116 times

Advertisements

Hi all, just some advice. Our home has been on the market for almost 2 months with 26 showings and no offers. We ahve lowered the price once and thinking about lowering again, but not sure how that will look to the agents who may think"what's wrong with this house"? It is in a very nice neighborhood in Baton Rouge. Lowest priced home in the neighborhood, corner lot on a "main street" in a neighborhood, which is a drawback I know. it is a 4 bed 3 bathroom home 2313 sq feet. Nice big backyard, private fence and close to a lot of stores and restaurants. Feedback in the beginning was all good, but each one said too high under opinion of the price. So we lowered it and now 8 showings, no offers. Our realtor is highly regarded here and has a great track record and has tried all kinds of advertising for us, help us figure out what is wrong! Please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 01:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,798,297 times
Keep lowering until you sell. If everyone says it is priced too high, that is the issue. What are the comps in the area?

Old 05-22-2014, 01:37 PM

93 posts, read 226,372 times
Well, short of actually evaluating the listing, any house will sell when it's price is right.

Price changes are not going to make RE professionals question what's wrong - they will know that the price has been lowered due to feedback on the original price with that many showings. Buyers may wonder, but a good RE pro can simply tell them that it was lowered to get more in line with the market.

Good luck!

Old 05-22-2014, 01:55 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,401,250 times
OP--I looked at your thread in the Louisiana forum. You need to paint the walls. Sorry, but selling a home is all about minimizing potential objections. Some people are objecting to the multi-colored room. Your other thread indicates you don't have the time (or money) to paint. Have you considered a buyer may also lack the time (or money) to paint?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:46 PM

17,725 posts, read 29,936,113 times
I looked at the photos. Very good curb appeal. Good quality photos.
The wall colors are fine.
I presume the house is clean and there are no pet smells.
The middle and high schools are not rated well.
I love how your house is described as1.000000 stories. Six decimal places, just to be sure.

You are competing with 8 other houses with price and geography spitting distance.
If I were a prospective buyer, I would look at all 9 houses.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Keep lowering until you sell. If everyone says it is priced too high, that is the issue. What are the comps in the area?
All the homes in the area are between 139.00 per sq foot up to 150.00 per sq foot. The homes that have sold were all around $148.00 sq foot, but it seems that the ones that are currently for sale in my neighborhood are literally all over the place. Some are $136.00 sq foot and some are around $148.00 sq foot! We already reduced 9,000 what's the next step as far as how much to reduce again in your opinion?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I looked at the photos. Very good curb appeal. Good quality photos.
The wall colors are fine.
I presume the house is clean and there are no pet smells.
The middle and high schools are not rated well.
I love how your house is described as1.000000 stories. Six decimal places, just to be sure.

You are competing with 8 other houses with price and geography spitting distance.
If I were a prospective buyer, I would look at all 9 houses.
Hi there. Thanks for the comments. I know our realtor said the walls were fine as well. needless to say, no other rooms are painted a deep kinda color. In Baton Rouge, 90 percent of parents send their kids to private school(us included) so anyone that lives here already may be doing that, but a newbie may look at the schools and think"uh oh"!
No, the house is very clean( I am pretty OCD) and no pet odors, we have 2 small dogs that stay mostly indoors.
thanks

Old 05-22-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
OP--I looked at your thread in the Louisiana forum. You need to paint the walls. Sorry, but selling a home is all about minimizing potential objections. Some people are objecting to the multi-colored room. Your other thread indicates you don't have the time (or money) to paint. Have you considered a buyer may also lack the time (or money) to paint?
Hi there. yes we have thought of a paint allowance, but I don't want to just say that up front as I don't want a buyer to automacially think they will need to paint(IE put a negative spin on the house) as s few commented that they liked the colors.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:44 PM

10,222 posts, read 7,627,792 times
Default Did your house sell?

Just curious.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:27 PM

19,461 posts, read 27,955,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Just curious.
No, unfortunately for Caa, not yet. https://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...-question.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate