Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I have mixed feelings about this. First of all it's your home and where are you going to live if you don't live in the house? How much will it cost you ? Is that fair to you financially? The only option I can think of that benefits you and them is to live in the house with them . For instance if the house is a 3 bedroom, The family can have two of them and you can have the master. They pay you rent to help with your mortgage and they don't have to leave, if the situation becomes difficult then you can ask them to leave. Anything else is unfair to you.

Lisa
Lisa,

I am wondering. I would like to move to your area. How do you feel about having my family live with you for a while? We can share the rent. You take the master suite and we will live in the other rooms of the home. I promise that none of our kids will eat your food as they will respect your space in the refrigerator. We are a big family though with 5 kids still at home. If you don't mind could we move your refrigerator into your master bedroom and we will place ours in the kitchen. It is the right thing to do because their are so many of us.

By the way I want to use your land as well because we run a home based business. Its not profitable but we work at it. I am not totally sure that I can pay you the full market rate but I have heard that some people are fine with that. You won't mind me starting work at 6 am on a Saturday do you? Just kidding, I am not planning on working on a Saturday. We usually spend time with our kids watching TV till whenever at night on a Friday evening. You don't mind do you? The more the merrier and all. By the way, can you get the popcorn? I hope you have a big screen TV because with so many of us living at your place, and you know how kids are they like to make noise so a sound system for the TV would be nice as well. If you don't have that now could you pick it up before we move in? Now that we are talking about TV our family is used to having hundreds of channels and we like to rent movies on Demand. You may have to upgrade your cable. You don't mind do you?

Why don't we get the parking situation taken care of now as well. Not sure what kind of car you have but we like to park our cars in the garage. If you don't have a garage then we will take the driveway. You don't mind parking on the street right?

Thank you for being so understanding. We will see you this weekend.

Soon2bnSurprise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 03:36 PM

400 posts, read 575,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post

I feel really bad, like I'm condemning this poor family to the street or something.
You have to do what you have to do and they will move on. It's sad they will miss their good deal but they can do two things, downgrade their living arrangements to fit their budget or they can take on more jobs for income. It's a business transaction, you work to pay for your house and they work to rent.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:21 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,154,449 times
It's natural to feel badly for the renters, but they know (at least intellectually) that at some point they may need to vacate. From having been a landlady and also a renter, I understand both sides, and that a renter can get very attached to their home. When I asked my tenant to move out because I was moving in in 90 days, he said, "but this has been our family's home for 18 years!" He was also a running a not-so-successful business from the home. After moving, he got his real estate license and has done very well--so having him move was a nudge in a positive direction--think about this and maybe it's in the best interest for your tenants.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,548,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Lisa,

I am wondering. I would like to move to your area. How do you feel about having my family live with you for a while? We can share the rent. You take the master suite and we will live in the other rooms of the home. I promise that none of our kids will eat your food as they will respect your space in the refrigerator. We are a big family though with 5 kids still at home. If you don't mind could we move your refrigerator into your master bedroom and we will place ours in the kitchen. It is the right thing to do because their are so many of us.

By the way I want to use your land as well because we run a home based business. Its not profitable but we work at it. I am not totally sure that I can pay you the full market rate but I have heard that some people are fine with that. You won't mind me starting work at 6 am on a Saturday do you? Just kidding, I am not planning on working on a Saturday. We usually spend time with our kids watching TV till whenever at night on a Friday evening. You don't mind do you? The more the merrier and all. By the way, can you get the popcorn? I hope you have a big screen TV because with so many of us living at your place, and you know how kids are they like to make noise so a sound system for the TV would be nice as well. If you don't have that now could you pick it up before we move in? Now that we are talking about TV our family is used to having hundreds of channels and we like to rent movies on Demand. You may have to upgrade your cable. You don't mind do you?

Why don't we get the parking situation taken care of now as well. Not sure what kind of car you have but we like to park our cars in the garage. If you don't have a garage then we will take the driveway. You don't mind parking on the street right?

Thank you for being so understanding. We will see you this weekend.

Soon2bnSurprise
Lol. No new cable sorry. Glad you are not working on Saturday. I will need you and your wife to help me with all the repairs, renovations and fancy upgrades I have planned on my new home, I hope you are as good with fixing houses as you are with fixing cars. I don't know too many people and your help is appreciated. I have a lot planned for this house . I know you don't mind Oh and it would be really nice if your kids could help give my dog a bath she is kind of dirty. Oh and a walk every day would be nice. They don't mind do they ? She is fun to play with.

Sorry no to the home based business but there are affordable places nearby I can show you . I cant move the fridge to my room but you can keep yours in the garage. Oh and I know your wife is a great cook . I would love it if we could plan all our meals together and she could have the food ready when I get home. Greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Look forward to you moving in !

Old 06-30-2014, 08:51 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Lol. No new cable sorry. Glad you are not working on Saturday. I will need you and your wife to help me with all the repairs, renovations and fancy upgrades I have planned on my new home, I hope you are as good with fixing houses as you are with fixing cars. I don't know too many people and your help is appreciated. I have a lot planned for this house . I know you don't mind Oh and it would be really nice if your kids could help give my dog a bath she is kind of dirty. Oh and a walk every day would be nice. They don't mind do they ? She is fun to play with.

Sorry no to the home based business but there are affordable places nearby I can show you . I cant move the fridge to my room but you can keep yours in the garage. Oh and I know your wife is a great cook . I would love it if we could plan all our meals together and she could have the food ready when I get home. Greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Look forward to you moving in !
See we can have fun here at City Data Forum. LOL

Old 06-30-2014, 11:38 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Cute both ways. Some folks are more adaptable than others. It would be a no-go for me; but I know some folks that an arrangement of that nature would be perfect.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Lisa,

I am wondering. I would like to move to your area. How do you feel about having my family live with you for a while? We can share the rent. You take the master suite and we will live in the other rooms of the home. I promise that none of our kids will eat your food as they will respect your space in the refrigerator. We are a big family though with 5 kids still at home. If you don't mind could we move your refrigerator into your master bedroom and we will place ours in the kitchen. It is the right thing to do because their are so many of us. .....
I've been enjoying your posts for years but this one is classic "Soonie."

Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate