Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 04:42 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times

Advertisements

http://valleymls.com sucks as a real-estate listing site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 PM

121 posts, read 152,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
I know you really don't want to hear it but if you are not getting showings, it can be one or more of these three:
1. The house is over priced!
2. The house is showing god ugly!
3. You agent is not making appointments to show it.
Now, go figure out which one and correct it.
I know it is price, reality is hard to deal with in this case. I received feedback from the realtor caravan. Nine forms were received - 6 gave us 15/15 points bases on price, exterior and interior. The other three knocked off a point or two for price. We have taken another $2000 price drop with another $3000 scheduled for two weeks if nothing is changing.
It is a bitter pill to swallow when you buy a home in a good neighborhood, growing community, take excellent care of it and still lose 10% in just four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
http://valleymls.com sucks as a real-estate listing site.
So true, and now they don't even send listings to realtor.com. However, I have heard that most of the inquiries come from Valley MLS over other sites such as Trulia, Zillow, and realtor.com when they received local listings.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:08 PM

Default I read that crap also

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall85917 View Post
So true, and now they don't even send listings to realtor.com. However, I have heard that most of the inquiries come from Valley MLS over other sites such as Trulia, Zillow, and realtor.com when they received local listings.
I call bull pucky.
How many out-of-staters even know about Valley MLS?
Zero.
They start with Zillow and Trulia.
The agents in Valley MLS are delusional.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I call bull pucky.
How many out-of-staters even know about Valley MLS?
Zero.
They start with Zillow and Trulia.
The agents in Valley MLS are delusional.
That was my reaction too but have heard that from more than one agent. Doesn't make sense for the same reason you state. I don't even know the local site (if there is one) where we are moving and I've been searching listings for six months.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:52 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
Quote:
I know it is price, reality is hard to deal with in this case. I received feedback from the realtor caravan. Nine forms were received - 6 gave us 15/15 points bases on price, exterior and interior. The other three knocked off a point or two for price. We have taken another $2000 price drop with another $3000 scheduled for two weeks if nothing is changing.
It is a bitter pill to swallow when you buy a home in a good neighborhood, growing community, take excellent care of it and still lose 10% in just four years.
Unfortunately, most people that buy in new or newer neighborhoods want a 'new' home. The better deal is to buy an existing home (usually includes window treatments, additional landscaping, builder kinks worked out, etc.) but people seem to want their own dirt. Builders often offer financing incentives, upgrades, etc. that a single homeowner can't compete with.

Always remember that IF you buy in an area where there is available land for new construction you may be competing with it when you sell!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:14 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Many folks have the notion that 'new is better', which in the case of a 4-year old home, is not necessarily the case. Instead of trying to sell against what they've got, try selling the advantages of what you've got!

For example, erect a large sign in your front yard that says:
AFTER YOU HAVE SEEN THE NEW ONES, STOP HERE TO SEE WHAT $### LESS CAN BUY YOU! (Call Phone # for a quick preview!) -- Include some flyers saying the same, but, including some pics and details.

1) Same size, floorplan, ... etc.
2) Still virtually new condition, BUT, with $## in important upgrades and improvements.
3) Window Treatments, Mature Landscaping, Irrigation, .... etc.
4) New construction problems and 'bugs' already resolved.
5) Other Advantages (2-year warranty; appliances, etc)

There is a difference between pro-actively 'selling' a property --- and sitting around waiting for someone to call and ask to buy it (which is what some Realtors do). It's your property, get creative and figure-out how to reach your potential buyers ... and sell it!

Last edited by jghorton; 06-13-2014 at 08:27 PM..

Old 04-03-2015, 04:03 PM

Default Sold!

210 Meadow Wood Dr, Madison, AL 35756 is Recently Sold | Zillow

$290,000 Sold on 03/31/15
210 Meadow Wood Dr, Madison, AL 35756

Old 04-03-2015, 05:27 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
That took a crazy long time to sell. They dropped and dropped and dropped. Had they done that at the start, it might have sold earlier.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
That took a crazy long time to sell. They dropped and dropped and dropped. Had they done that at the start, it might have sold earlier.
This is true, it cost us money starting out higher. However, this was all upon the advice of our realtor - it was what we paid for the home four years ago and that's what he believed we should list at. All of the price drops were initiated by us when we weren't getting many showings. After 10 months we changed realtors, relisted with another agent with a different marketing strategy at the same price (his suggestion, two other agents also said we were priced right). It sold in four months - don't know if it was the marketing or just the right time for the right buyer. Either way, if we had started lower to begin with I have no doubt we would have sold for higher than we did.

Anyway...I ran across this on realtor.com and found it worth a chuckle. I think someone owes us the difference over the $290,000 we actually sold for.

Untitled by LHall85917, on Flickr

Old 04-26-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
this on realtor.com and found it worth a chuckle. I think someone owes us the difference over the $290,000 we actually sold for.
And, some people say Realtor.com is "much better than Zillow". Riiight.

Don't fret. My friends bought their house for $185,000 and our county showed the price as $18,500,000 (for 20 years in the records). But, based the taxes on the current market value of $800K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate