Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:11 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Even with the closing back to today, I would still want a final walk-through inspection, particularly if the seller had moved-out of the home since you saw it. It's amazing how many things that you thought were included with the house, can simply disappear.
this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 03:13 PM

Wait, OP is seller? What diff does it make if it's by mail? There are only two important things. THe HUD-1 and the cashier's check or wire.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 PM

7,243 posts, read 7,064,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Wait, OP is seller? What diff does it make if it's by mail? There are only two important things. THe HUD-1 and the cashier's check or wire.
This is our first time selling a home.

I really was unsure about just leaving the keys and moving out of state before the papers were signed.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 PM

Your Realtor will not hand over the keys until escrow has been completely closed. By that time the funds will be on their way to you by whatever method you selected, cashier's check or wire.

Once you close you have a lawsuit against the title company if you do not get your funds.

If YOU signed YOUR papers, the title company will not close the deal until THEY have signed THEIR papers and have funded the deal. We would not need title/escrow companies if they didn't act as referee to make sure all funds are properly disbursed.

Go ahead and move. You are in good hands.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:53 PM

399 posts, read 568,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
House sold, we were to close Friday. Hubby and DD are flying out Saturday. I'm driving my car out Sunday.

Realtor just called and said closing won't happen tomorrow. We told him our travel plans and he said we could close by mail.

That makes me uneasy.

Your opinions??? Good idea or bad idea?

No walkthrough scheduled as there were no contingencies.
We bought our home and the sellers weren't at closing. They gave the seller's agent POA. In fact, they did everything by Fed-Ex. The house was vacant when we bought.

The only hitch we ran into is that the seller's agent went out of town on closing day and "forgot" that closing was that day. She had to rush back to the state. We signed docs at 11am, she made it back to GA about 3pm, and we got in the house by 4. Our agent took the keys out of the lock box when he found out she wasn't going to be back by our appointment time. The attorney called while she was signing and he called us and told us it was OK to take possession.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:47 PM

Signings are over rated. I have two escrows closing this month and the more I think of it the more I think I'll just pay the $150 each notary fee and have the notary come to me. The mortgages are set to be sold to Chase and last time I did this Chase was nice enough to loan me an empty desk for me and notary. The properties are out of state.

After 3 closings in the last year, including two of them this year, and all the practice signings my lender is always sending me -- usually twice before the real one, HUD-1 and all, usually with mistakes -- I think I've seen enough signings to not have anybody hold my hand. The notary is a specialized notary used to house closings and since I've read all the documents way too many times my signing takes about 15 minutes. Then overnight FedEx to the title/escrow company and they do all the heavy lifting. LOL

By the time I'm signing I actually recognize all the numbers on the HUD-1 etc. I've read the boiler plate so many times I'm going to start having nightmares about it.

One good thing! My last signings for the foreseeable future. Stick a fork in me! I'm done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate