Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 11:50 AM

265 posts, read 404,666 times

Advertisements

OP, please note that though this forum is a good reference to reach out and get opinions from those in the industry, real estate contracts vary state to state. You can (and most likely will) get differing opinions based on where that person holds their license. As helpful as we try to be, I would absolutely look to your Realtor for guidance. But based on the fact that your agent is pushing you to make a punch list vs. providing you options to cancel since you're uncomfortable, would be a red flag for me.

I personally work in a state (Illinois) that requires a real estate attorney to close, so I often defer to them when clients have contractual questions. I can give you an answer on your original question, but that really would have no baring since you're in a different state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 11,296 times
I have instructed my realtor to forward my email about cancelling contract based on additional contingency in the contract. However, the listing agent said these documents will be provided at closing date (which I can't find in the contract, or just TN's common practice?), so they didn't breach the contract. As for the HOA information is to be provided upon buyer's request, which is written in the contract.

My realtor recommended to hire a RE lawyer at this point. But my quesiton again, can I walk away if losing the earnest money? Is it worth to get a lawyer for a 1000 EM?

Also, the original close date is today, but the builder want to discuss tomorrow. What are the implications for past closing date?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linghu224 View Post
I have instructed my realtor to forward my email about cancelling contract based on additional contingency in the contract. However, the listing agent said these documents will be provided at closing date (which I can't find in the contract, or just TN's common practice?), so they didn't breach the contract. As for the HOA information is to be provided upon buyer's request, which is written in the contract.

My realtor recommended to hire a RE lawyer at this point. But my quesiton again, can I walk away if losing the earnest money? Is it worth to get a lawyer for a 1000 EM?

Also, the original close date is today, but the builder want to discuss tomorrow. What are the implications for past closing date?
Those are two questions for your attorney. That is just how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate