Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

First line of the listing description

Quote:
Don’t be steered away from this home. If it is right for you, your needs should be the priority.
Listing https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/223.../home/34031706

As far as I can see, there's nothing wrong with it although I may do a drive by just out of curiosity.

I can only speculate that there was a buyer who got talked out of it by a family member or someone?? But really, Listing Agent? That's your lead sentence that you think is going to attract a buyer?? But then again, I may have overly high expectations for an agent who thinks that the garage is the most attractive feature of the house and makes it the main photo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times
Well, it's hard not to "feature" the garage when the house plans are like that. I really hate those kinds of layout. All you see is garages up and down the street with the main entrance hidden on the side.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Well, it's hard not to "feature" the garage when the house plans are like that. I really hate those kinds of layout. All you see is garages up and down the street with the main entrance hidden on the side.

No, that's the worst part. The garage photo is the back of the house, with the garage on an alleyway! There is actually a lovely front entrance to the home that should be highlighted but which is not even shown at all in the listing.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7495...CSu6kS7JoA!2e0

Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Call me dense, but I'm not seeing a problem here?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,298,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, that's the worst part. The garage photo is the back of the house, with the garage on an alleyway! There is actually a lovely front entrance to the home that should be highlighted but which is not even shown at all in the listing.

We have a neighborhood like this in my town - it's a neighborhood specifically design to be urban residential - small, close homes, garages on the back with alley access. It's a lovely neighborhood and one of the most sought after in our town because of the amenities, shops and restaurants found within walking distance.

chances are people looking for homes in the area of the listing will know immediately that the home is in "that" neighborhood and won't care about the garage being on an alley.

And I agree they should have taken a photo of the front of the house.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:10 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
Yes, much prefer the picture of the FRONT of the house. Why a photo of the alley.

Steering. It's an old fashioned expression. Like redlining. And may indeed be a "code" way here of referring to the 30% white population of GW High School and the dicotomy there between gifted and just making it.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
We have a neighborhood like this in my town - it's a neighborhood specifically design to be urban residential - small, close homes, garages on the back with alley access. It's a lovely neighborhood and one of the most sought after in our town because of the amenities, shops and restaurants found within walking distance.

chances are people looking for homes in the area of the listing will know immediately that the home is in "that" neighborhood and won't care about the garage being on an alley.

And I agree they should have taken a photo of the front of the house.
Yes, this is a planned community built the same way. So the problem isn't that the garage is on an alley, that's the norm for this community. It's that the listing agent chose to feature the photo of the garage as the main picture of what otherwise looks like a nice house.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Call me dense, but I'm not seeing a problem here?
You don't find it strange that the first sentence of the listing is telling people not to let someone talk them out of buying this house? That seems very odd to me!

Old 09-17-2014, 12:21 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Hmmmmm. That is curious indeed! I'd be very interested in knowing the backstory on that as well.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I saw the front of the house toward the end of the photos.
I'm not sure what the issue is and I am definitely not sure where you are coming up with the statement in your original post about the back story and the home being taken from a family member.

How can one even come up with such a guess from a description written by a hired realtor who really knows nothing about the home or it's history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate