Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 03:13 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times

Advertisements

They look great! Good luck OP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 03:30 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,107,382 times
Looks nice and clean to me. That is a big plus. Very livable and move in ready.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:55 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Definitely an improvement. The house looks much more inviting, and I hope this triggers a lot more interest and an offer soon!

What's going on with the other house?

Old 11-12-2014, 11:11 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
Thanks for the input--the "red" is really a bright harvest orange type color--that is what the feature wall is in the kitchen/living area and the sunroom.

I just want some people to come look--if we get a lot of comments on paint colors or whatever we can consider that--but I don't think it looks bad--or at least not bad enough to deter someone from looking at the home at all?
It would deter me as I hate that color and it's a pain to paint over, has to be primed first.
I hate to paint nor have the time, so I would be looking for $$ concession to hire painters.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:49 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
It would deter me as I hate that color and it's a pain to paint over, has to be primed first.
I hate to paint nor have the time, so I would be looking for $$ concession to hire painters.
You are free to offer what a property is worth to you, and your personal valuation of a property can include the improvements you want to make. But as a seller, I not give a concession for paint just because someone didn't like the color of paint that was otherwise in good condition. And as a buyer, I never asked for it. I might choose to repaint to something neutral if I felt it would make my house sell faster and more easily but that would be my own personal motivation.

I'm not saying you can't offer 2500 less, if that's what the value is to you because you know you'd put that money into painting. But I would not present it as a "concession to hire painters" because I think a seller may not agree that it needs to be painted. But they may be willing to negotiate the price, just because they know that is the usual process.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:49 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanHomes View Post
Have you considered unloading one of the properties via a real estate investor? I'm not sure if you've already sold, but if not, you may want to reach out to a real estate investor in your area. They could give you an offer on your house and since there are no realtors or mortgage companies involved, you wouldn't have to worry about commissions or fees, and the process is much quicker. As an investor, I've been able to close on properties in less than 7 days.
Again, they have already signed an listing agreement with a realtor. They will be paying the commission on the sale even if it goes at some low ball price to an investor.

We all can see your advertising in your profile. Here's a thread that more closely applies to what you do.

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...nvestment.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate