Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 10:52 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seek2advocate View Post
I suppose there are different ways to look at it. They did enough work on the cabinet to conceal it.
That is weird. Here that would have been discloseable here. Nevada has a different set of rules on water leaks and mold. I would expect this was both.

I would clean that up if it were my house and restore it fully. You can check for mold though that may not be the best idea as you create the requirement to disclose yourself if it is mold.

You might ask the seller to make the repairs. It is obviously a known fault and should have been disclosed..

Had one of those several years ago in a house in absolutely perfect condition. Not hint of a defect. But when they went to change out the dishwasher in an appliance exchange they found a half inch of black mold in a foot square area behind the dishwasher. There was a pin hole leak in a fitting that had apparently been leaking a small amount for years.

The buyer had no recourse as it was actually a totally concealed fault unknown to the seller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 11:17 AM

24 posts, read 25,296 times
Default Water leak

Contractor reviewed it today. It was a leak from a disposal. The false back covered an open pipe in addition to the hole in the drywall plus the wire they ran to the outlet. In addition we found something else they covered up. In the master bath there is a 122x54 mirror over the sinks. They had another big wooden mirror mounted over it which I thought was odd. We took it down and it revealed. A huge crack. This is going to cost some money.
Attached Thumbnails
Sellers Falsely Filled Out Disclosure-image.jpg  

Old 01-02-2015, 05:23 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
When we bought our home, the roof looked great. Six months later it was covered in dark streaks and all the shrubs around the house were dying.

Turns out it was algae. They had sprayed on a remover that killed the shrubs. It was only a temporary fix for the algae but a permanent one for the shrubs. Neighbors said they'd had problems with algae for years.

There were several other things that they had clearly done their best to cover up with temporary fixes.

Interestingly enough, the place was filled with plaques about how "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord," and assorted Biblical verses, even a picture of the Last Supper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate