Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times

Advertisements

Ok I bought one and we buried him about a week ago..upside down near the for sale sign...right after that was when we got that ridiculous offer..but it was an offer. I told St. Joseph that when we move I will place him in a place of honor in the new home. So I am hoping for another offer soon...I am still trying to be positive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 06:11 AM

473 posts, read 1,736,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ok I bought one and we buried him about a week ago..upside down near the for sale sign...right after that was when we got that ridiculous offer..but it was an offer. I told St. Joseph that when we move I will place him in a place of honor in the new home. So I am hoping for another offer soon...I am still trying to be positive....
Its not about a statue in the ground. Seriously. Its about how your faith is. Where your heart is. God doesn't make things happen because we bury something upside down facing a certain direction in the dirt. Just try some good old fashioned faith and when the time is right.. you will sell. The plan is already in motion.. just gotta wait and see.

Linda

Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 AM

77 posts, read 430,030 times
Yes, we tried this too (months ago) and we did get an offer; however, this family have not yet sold THEIR home (I need to loan them my St. Joseph). I truly believe in prayer and I ask for help from anyone listening; but I felt badly to bury even this small, plastic fascimile of St. Joseph so he's now in the window, facing the street and looking out for anyone driving by. I also keep another St. Joseph in my car to help me as we pass by the hundreds of others who may be "out there" searching for a house but needing guidance to come drive by mine. I think it's interesting how this all started - mostly out of desperation probably, but we all do what we think might work and when it does work we try it again and again. Like playing the lottery or a slot machine, right? If you win even just a little bit of $$ you sit right down and do it again hoping for more the next time. Same concept do you think?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
We too felt bad about burying St. Joseph. We actually left the plastic film on, and then as I have mentioned earlier, dug him up and put him in the window. We were concerned for a while since we lived in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood and were afraid that a religious symbol on our window was going to be a turn-off for buyers. Obviously, as we were selling at a time when the market has started its downspin, we could only have faith, coupled with realism and then common sense. Continue staging that house, keep it clean, listen to feedback, etc. We had only 2 offers, the first which was a low ball one from an investor, and a second one which ended up closing. The buyer just liked everything in the house, down to the colors and my furniture. Even a year later, she would send me e-mails and wanted to find out where I bought my furniture because she wanted to put exactly the same one in there. She was replicating my house!!!

For all you sellers, I pray that your faith would put miracles into play and that you finally get to sell your homes!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
Its not about a statue in the ground. Seriously. Its about how your faith is. Where your heart is. God doesn't make things happen because we bury something upside down facing a certain direction in the dirt. Just try some good old fashioned faith and when the time is right.. you will sell. The plan is already in motion.. just gotta wait and see.

Linda
Linda, i think you just hit the nail on the head....I am going to have faith that someone out there will find our home perfect for them....just as someone needs to have faith that in turn, we will find their home perfect for us....sounds like a plan... I am a Christian, not a church goer, but a strong faith in God and the longer I live the more I believe that things happen for a reason..there is a reason our home has not sold yet....maybe it won't. we will have to live with it and move on if that happens...plan B. whatever that is! Have a great day....
Barb

Old 03-02-2008, 09:07 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie741 View Post
I just wondering if anyone has used St Joseph for selling your house. I believe you bury it upside down and say a prayer and then dig him up after the house is sold. I just didn't know where you bury him and should the statue face the house or the street. Thanks for any input and testimonials.
Tried this in Rhode Island years ago. The house took two years to sell.
Eventually got a pretty good price for the statue though!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
My neighbor buried a St. Joseph statue, but his dog dug it up and chewed the head off.

The house never sold. His wife got it as part of the divorce settlement.

Somebody stole the dog.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Buried one last May. Still sitting.....

Old 03-02-2008, 01:54 PM

473 posts, read 1,736,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Linda, i think you just hit the nail on the head....I am going to have faith that someone out there will find our home perfect for them....just as someone needs to have faith that in turn, we will find their home perfect for us....sounds like a plan... I am a Christian, not a church goer, but a strong faith in God and the longer I live the more I believe that things happen for a reason..there is a reason our home has not sold yet....maybe it won't. we will have to live with it and move on if that happens...plan B. whatever that is! Have a great day....
Barb
Hey.. if only one 'gets it' then I've done my work for the day. I would rather see more people trusting in God than a dirty statue LOL

Linda

Old 03-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
Hey.. if only one 'gets it' then I've done my work for the day. I would rather see more people trusting in God than a dirty statue LOL

Linda
Bingo! It was kind of fun digging a hold and dropping him in though, hubby and buddy also enjoyed it, and i kept it in the baggie like the little booklet said. I wonder what my LDS neighbors would have thought..well they think we are crazy anyway...have a great evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate