Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM

197 posts, read 957,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Nor on Trulia.
Proving that Intracoastal Realty Corp is run by fools who do not understand how prospective buyers search for houses in 2015.
I guess we've had so many showings we didn't think under-exposure was the problem. What can I tell my agent as to why we need them? Early on she told us the agency had made the decision to drop them(used to be on both ) based on their research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 AM

197 posts, read 957,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmeck View Post
Hmm... this could be a contributing issue. Is that house an eyesore to the neighborhood? Your house is gorgeous, and assuming you don't have any funky smells going on, I don't know that a dated floor plan is your entire issue. Either price or your neighbor, imo. I would think not being on Zillow would negatively impact your viewings as well.
Good point- house can't be seen from street due to trees, and landscaping that can be seen is kept up. But that might be a factor.

Last edited by NCSC; 02-02-2015 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-02-2015, 09:04 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmeck View Post
Educate me. Why in the world would a company do this? It sure as hell doesn't serve their clients well.
I personally look at Realtor.com vs. Zillow or Trulia. Even Estately is more up to date and so is homesnap.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:09 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSC View Post
I guess we've had so many showings we didn't think under-exposure was the problem. What can I tell my agent as to why we need them? Early on she told us the agency had made the decision to drop them(used to be on both ) based on their research.
??? Zillow and Trulia are ranked the #1 and #2 real estate search engines (they have nearly double the monthly views of Realtor.com), and with approximately 97% of home buyers finding their home on the internet--you need to be where the buyers are. I'd insist on it.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:15 AM

991 posts, read 1,519,148 times
Beautiful home...I would buy it!

HUGE mistake that it's not on Zillow and Trulia! I would get another agency based on that. Of course you can list it on Zillow yourself for free.

Last edited by gray horse; 02-02-2015 at 09:26 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
OP, your house is visually stunning. I personally like the traditional design and the walls of windows. There's nothing to be ashamed of with your house. Everything goes together. I think more people would put up with brass finishes if the price wasn't $600k+. It's something about that number, or even $500k for that matter, that makes people less receptive to perceived older finishes. I posted a while ago about a listing in a good neighborhood that had dated finishes in several rooms. It wasn't the finishes themselves that soured me on the listing but coupled with a heftier price tag of $555k, it just wasn't something worth mortgaging my kidneys.

You can't do anything about those who prefer masters on the top floor. That's a like it or don't type of thing. Around here, master on the main is the most popular and the most common.

3500 sq ft with only 3 bedrooms is not desirable. Let's be honest here. You can have the prettiest house in the world but the minute I see 3 bedrooms with no possibility of easy conversion of any other space into a bedroom, then your house is off my radar at that price. Many people want to have more bedrooms and more bathrooms. They really don't want their kids to share a room like yours. Yes, it's cozy but in the long term? Your two girls are going to be bickering and jockeying for space. That's a design flaw to have a family sized home with such few bedrooms. That is your elephant in the room, not the price (though the price in conjunction isn't helping). Let's face it, you know that's the truth - that is why you are wanting to sell, because the layout isn't practical, not because it is small. 3500 sq ft isn't small. You bought what you thought was a foreclosure bargain years ago, obviously forgiving the not popular layout. Just like you were willing to put up with it because it was cheaper than the comps, others might be too if you lower your price. You are not going to make money in a buyer's market with an unpopular bedroom count. Where are guests going to stay? The whole point of buying a larger home is to have room and not have people bunking together because Aunt Mildred is staying the week.

The "I don't like a sunken living room" isn't as big of a no-no as the lack of a 4th bedroom. The lack of openness really isn't a deal breaker because the home is clearly traditional and doesn't lend itself to that. There are buyers who appreciate this aesthetic - why do older homes sell then? They aren't open either. It all goes with the flow of the home - creating this openness willy nilly could actually make things look very weird. Just save your money.

Drop your price to make it competitive. Competitive means you're probably going after the bargain hunter in your neighborhood who will be willing to forgive the lack of a 4th bedroom.

Just my thoughts..

Old 02-02-2015, 09:18 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
I'm confused. I looked at the picures and I am sure I counted 4 bedrooms. 3 different king beds and then the (ACK) pink girly girl's room with the 2 beds.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:26 AM

398 posts, read 618,492 times
Quote:
New question--Ok - if we do have outdated floor plan, would it make any sense to spend money to update fixtures, put marble/granite in bathrooms, etc. kitchen has granite/stainless. All oak hardwoods except carpet in 2 bedrooms. Baths ceramic tile. Make sense to spend money on these things or if someone like floorplan enough they will update whatever they want?
Please, please, please don't do this. I did this on my last home and took a bath on it. Didn't get one cent more than offers before the remodel. Not worth the time or effort.

Let 'em share a room.

Last edited by raithfan; 02-02-2015 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-02-2015, 09:30 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
Quote:
Thanks for your input!! we did change the kitchen wall color to pretty neutral, creamy off-white. I have told Agent (month ago) the first picture makes house look small- I prefer the "snow" shot also.
Or the one that shows the house, allee and garage as sort of a long compound.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I personally look at Realtor.com vs. Zillow or Trulia. Even Estately is more up to date and so is homesnap.
Not on Estately.com either.
Is on Homesnap.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate