Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 15 days ago)

43,160 posts, read 76,741,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I will type slower next time for ya lol
It ain't your typing that is confusing you.
It's your comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:55 AM

6,426 posts, read 9,755,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It ain't your typing that is confusing you.
It's your comprehension.

I'm not confused at all but thanks!! I can clearly see what I wrote and didnt write lol

When my question becomes your inclusion then I need to type slower so you can keep up lol

Old 03-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 15 days ago)

43,160 posts, read 76,741,666 times
Quote:
I'm not confused at all but thanks!! I can clearly see what I wrote and didnt write lol

When my question becomes your inclusion then I need to type slower so you can keep up lol
Regardless of the source of your confusion about keyboarding, I am glad I could help at whatever pace you could muster.

BTW...
Was your question answered?

Old 03-03-2015, 12:08 PM

6,417 posts, read 7,628,808 times
OP, it is not healthy to make any fear based decision, so take your time, and do what is in your own best interest.

Laugh all the way to the bank when you keep your equity in your own pocket.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:20 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,490,785 times
It's your property... give it a try.

That said a good agent not only markets... they shepherd the entire process to avoid pitfalls and keep things on track.

Remember, you are taking on a job with all that this entails...

Also, buyers will want to save money too and figure if there are no agents involved... they should get a piece of the savings.

As others said... it all depends on the market for your offering and finding the buyer ready, willing and able...

Old 03-03-2015, 07:01 PM

268 posts, read 356,022 times
Please keep us posted if you FSBO. Id be curious to know days on market for your home without a realtor.
Do you happen to know if your area is a seller's market at the moment?

Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 PM

502 posts, read 893,206 times
Quote:
Why would a FSBO be required to pay the buyers agent? Where is there a contract between said agent and the seller?

Mike is right that if the seller were to list on the MLS, a commission to the buyer's agent would most likely be required. I, perhaps, stated too firmly, that the FSBO would pay a buyer's agent in other situations. What I meant was that any buyer's agent showing a FSBO would first obtain from the seller a contract stating that the FSBO seller would pay the buyer's agent. As Mike said, if the seller refused, the agent would either need a contract from his buyer that they will pay them out of pocket, or would refuse to show the property.

If a commission to a buyer's agent is not offered, agent's are very unlikely to show it. It won't even be on their radar.

The best way a FSBO can save both commissions is if a buyer without an agent comes across and inquires directly.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:41 PM

468 posts, read 580,216 times
I had a deal going on to sell my house, I had a buyer that I found on my own, and I went to a reputable huge law firm. I sort of know what I am doing so I do not need a broker. Brokers are good if you are in a hurry and want them to bring in buyers, because at the end of the day that is what they do; bring in the buyers. However if you are not in a hurry, you can get your own buyers , BUT MAKE SURE, your lawyers are the BEST in real estate. Some of them only charge $350 nope stay away from them. Mine was $1200. There was not one thing that he did not know and did not answer and he was always there for me. No the sale did not go through because the buyers mortgage guy was locked up!!!........If you get a lawyer make sure that in the contract you stipulate that if the buyer backs out THEY pay your lawyer. In my case I didn't and I had to eat $300+. for the services rendered.

Upshot: If you have time all you need is a good real estate lawyer. If you are short on time, you need a broker.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 PM

468 posts, read 580,216 times
Default with regards to contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
Mike is right that if the seller were to list on the MLS, a commission to the buyer's agent would most likely be required. I, perhaps, stated too firmly, that the FSBO would pay a buyer's agent in other situations. What I meant was that any buyer's agent showing a FSBO would first obtain from the seller a contract stating that the FSBO seller would pay the buyer's agent. As Mike said, if the seller refused, the agent would either need a contract from his buyer that they will pay them out of pocket, or would refuse to show the property.

If a commission to a buyer's agent is not offered, agent's are very unlikely to show it. It won't even be on their radar.

The best way a FSBO can save both commissions is if a buyer without an agent comes across and inquires directly.

The seller can take control and set the tone of the contract. When I was going through the motions of the sale of my house, the buyers lawyer sent my lawyer a contract with their stipulations, I TOOK SOME OF THEM OUT AND PUT SOME OF MY OWN IN. Take it or leave it.

WHEN YOU GO INTO A CONTRACT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE DEMANDS, REFUSE DEMANDS, PUT IN YOUR OWN WHAT EVER.........people somehow get the idea they have to abide by what OTHERS demand of them and sign the contract NOT SO. It is your money and your life!! HAGGLE AND DEMAND.....you will always find someone that will meet you all the way or half way because it benefits them as much as it does you.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:06 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,490,785 times
All of the above is true... just don't forget the object is to get the home sold and move on.

This is where intermediaries can help... help to keep everyone focused and keep the ball moving... remember, all the expertise, advertising, showings, etc. that an agent does is done at no cost to the seller unless the buyer is found...

The reason I said found is because I do know of a case where the agent worked tirelessly and did a super job and set a new record for the area and then on closing day, the seller and wife split and she refused to sign... the agent eventually got her commision because she had produced a ready, willing and able buyer... docs were in and ALL that was needed was a few seller's signatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate