Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 01:21 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times

Advertisements

Leave blinds in up position to let in light.
Leave curtain rods empty to let in light.
Leave curtains in closet.

The curtains won't help sell the house.
But, your buyer will appreciate them the day after they move in.
They will find them in the closet and say: "JFC, these are fugly, but we can put them up instead of buying temporary blinds". They will thank you via telepathy.
Two years later, the fugly curtains will still be up as they will have found more important, to them, items to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 03:51 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,924,669 times
LOL Dave - been there done that! That's why I decided to leave them in the closet - they are there if someone needs them but I don't expect anyone else to like my taste!

Old 03-10-2015, 08:23 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
We are selling a house that is vacant. We've painted and cleaned and our realtor suggested we leave the curtains down to "let in more light". I have some really nice rods, and some light and airy curtains. What say you - leave them down or put them back? I think the curtains make it look more homey but I also respect my realtor's opinion. Just thought I'd see what the good folks here have to say. Thanks!
The home I'm buying has very few window coverings. The LR and MBR drapes are staying with the house and they are very nice. The guest room and office have shutters and are very nice also. Then there's the 400 sq. ft. add on...lots of big windows but no window coverings. I am leaning toward wood blinds but won't know for sure till I actually get moved in and 'think about it'. The add on is a laundry room, dining room and family room. It DID help me to see how much light is in the house and I do like that because I love the light and have a lot of house plants that need it. Other homes I looked at all had window coverings and made the rooms look smaller and darker. I think I'd go with the 'no window coverings' if I were selling. People like me intend to make things "homey" according to our own likes/dislikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate