Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 01:18 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,083,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
ANALOG lines( land lines for the non telecom people) are being cut is what I said, I am not sure why you are trying to change my words to fit your rebuttal but please feel free to continue to do so.

I never said upgraded cords, I said cutting land lines/Analog lol . ANALOG is not the same as voip.

I will explain my point again and maybe reading it again will help you?

In the 70's and 80's and well into the 90's most homes and businesses used analog lines. Those are the lines being cut and going away. Still with me? No voip, no twc, no nothing else.

Not everyone even has VOIP in the home. Many people I know ONLY have a cell phone, where is that cord mike? oh you meant the power cord probably, yeah you are right, cant cut the power cord I forgot lol

I hope that the realtor lol world does the same thing as those ANALOG lines.

DO I need to repeat any of that for some of the realtors lol to keep up?
"Upgraded cords" is MY term, and I introduced it.

I also know many people who use a cell phone in lieu of voip or pots.
And Mohu and homemade antennas. And cellphone and landline and cable and dish. Whatever.
None of that, nor your choice of guru/Thought Leader makes you articulate, or more knowledgeable about real estate brokerage, and this actually is a real estate forum.

Being consumed by FUD and hate are an ugly thing. I wish you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:31 PM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Upgraded cords" is MY term, and I introduced it.

I also know many people who use a cell phone in lieu of voip or pots.
And Mohu and homemade antennas. And cellphone and landline and cable and dish. Whatever.
None of that, nor your choice of guru/Thought Leader makes you articulate, or more knowledgeable about real estate brokerage, and this actually is a real estate forum.

Being consumed by FUD and hate are an ugly thing. I wish you well.

Who did I choose as a thought leader? When did I make that choice?

It should not surprise me that you are just making up stuff when you dont have a real rebuttal.

Yes it is a real estate forum and I stated my opnion about the Thread. not sure why you keep up with this thought leader guru bs when it has 0 to do with the thread imo.

My hope that the realtor lol world goes down like the analog world is my hope and opinion, feel free to make something else up about that again.

The guys at work are finished laughing at your replies for now, but thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm not hating, I just believe some realtors lol think they and what they do is worth way more than they really are these days.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:33 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,599 times
Quote:
Greed.
some people over inflate what they think they are worth.

Again, no one has answered why auction houses deserve a 15-25% cut from both sides of the transaction.
and why do people continue to pay the exorbitant auction fees.

Perhaps there is value in using auction houses?

I can think of greedier people than realtors.
But people are quick to discount realtors, thinking they should earn minimum wage.

The next most popular discounted profession is lawyers..... because people can actually defend themselves adequately in court, right?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Who did I choose as a thought leader? When did I make that choice?

It should not surprise me that you are just making up stuff when you dont have a real rebuttal.

Yes it is a real estate forum and I stated my opnion about the Thread. not sure why you keep up with this thought leader guru bs when it has 0 to do with the thread imo.

My hope that the realtor lol world goes down like the analog world is my hope and opinion, feel free to make something else up about that again.

The guys at work are finished laughing at your replies for now, but thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm not hating, I just believe some realtors lol think they and what they do is worth way more than they really are these days.

Have you read this thread?
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...l#post38970655

Check out Post #85:
//www.city-data.com/forum/38968374-post85.html
Your genuflection to your Thought Leader is crystal clear.
And, you have been had by a Nekkid Empress, one with nothing to offer of value, no knowledge, and no interest in intelligent conversation.

The analog world (signals conveying information and data) is where it is, because it has been replaced by the same thing, signals conveying information and data, only improved.
Agents are evolving, and adjusting rapidly to technology and trying to offer value with new offerings. I try to reduce noise in the signal to clients.
Heck, that is one motivator I have to hang around here.
Ignorant or devious people who like to hurt consumers for entertainment pass through here routinely. It is always interesting to discuss with the honest ones, and puncture the buffoonery of the silly ones.

I don't have to be aware of analog/pots/cells/signals to discuss real estate. And, I try to avoid those discussions when they are in a technical forum, because I prefer to stay with what I know.
And I know real estate brokerage and industry as well or better than almost anyone who comes to the real estate forum to troll.

Look hard. Your "friends" at work might well be laughing at YOU and goading you in your inarticulate fumbling around in a real estate forum where you have precious little knowledge.
Meh. It helps some people to fumble in anonymity...

Old 03-26-2015, 02:15 PM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
lol Just keep on making stuff up!

Old 03-26-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
lol Just keep on making stuff up!
What have I made up, Emperor?
Nothing to do with real estate. Nothing.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:42 PM

7 posts, read 10,958 times
Only 1 in 10 real estate agents make it in the Dallas area. It's very hard to make a living at it - especially for those without "connections." What the buying and selling public don't see is the amount of time agents spend when not with clients - in training classes: we have to be current on legal issues, the new lending rules, the new technologies, social media, marketing. They don't hear about how we pound the streets knocking on doors, spend hours talking to "leads" that turn out to lead nowhere, work with buyers and sellers who cancel after many hours spent with them. And yes, the time working behind the scenes after a contract is executed is enormous; coordinating with numerous parties, title companies, attorneys, lenders, inspectors, the other agent . . . Oh, and let's not forget we work 24/7. And let's not forget the clients who are a veritable pain to work with; anything that goes wrong is the agent's fault! This is an extremely difficult profession to work in. And that's not the half of it!

Old 03-26-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRE View Post
Only 1 in 10 real estate agents make it in the Dallas area. It's very hard to make a living at it - especially for those without "connections." What the buying and selling public don't see is the amount of time agents spend when not with clients - in training classes: we have to be current on legal issues, the new lending rules, the new technologies, social media, marketing. They don't hear about how we pound the streets knocking on doors, spend hours talking to "leads" that turn out to lead nowhere, work with buyers and sellers who cancel after many hours spent with them. And yes, the time working behind the scenes after a contract is executed is enormous; coordinating with numerous parties, title companies, attorneys, lenders, inspectors, the other agent . . . Oh, and let's not forget we work 24/7. And let's not forget the clients who are a veritable pain to work with; anything that goes wrong is the agent's fault! This is an extremely difficult profession to work in. (And that's not the half of it)!
Agents fail for one reason:

They go into business without adequate capital to carry them to profitability.

It is a cheap, cheap business to be in, but too many agents start on a shoestring without resources to invest and live while building to profit.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:59 PM

10,963 posts, read 21,978,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Agents fail for one reason:

They go into business without adequate capital to carry them to profitability.

It is a cheap, cheap business to be in, but too many agents start on a shoestring without resources to invest and live while building to profit.
Or lack of a plan or inability to create leads.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:05 PM

10,963 posts, read 21,978,734 times
Quote:
Thats Brandons come back for most people who question anything about a realtor lol ( I really do laugh everytime I type that lol) and their compensation.

Greed. Thats what it comes down to. Can't blame them really, we all want to make money, its just that some people over inflate what they think they are worth.
Hardly. Even earlier in this post I stated if the consumer wants the bad agents to go away they need to quit hiring them. Look at my post history as a whole. I pretty much tell it like it is. Real estate overall is a low margin business as an owner and paychecks are irregular. Sometimes real estate agents work for free. The high cost of selling is a direct relation to the high risk of being an agent.

There are alternative plans available. I have one that I'll work for a reduced % if I'm paid up front or a higher % if I'm paid at closing. Why will I work for less if I'm paid up front? I'm guaranteed a check therefore reducing my risk. Guess which plan people never go with? The one where they have skin in the game even though they'll save money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate