Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 02:43 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,946 times

Advertisements

We signed the contract last Wednesday, Jan. 10. Outside pictures were taken Friday and inside pictures were taken yesterday. I can't find our house actually listed anywhere. There is a sign in my yard but that is it. How long does it actually take to get everything together and up on websites? I'm being serious....I want to know if I'm being reasonable thinking it should be posted already. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,413 times
I get my listings on the first working day after I take them. (If I take it on a weekend it goes onto the local MLS and my company site on Monday).

Sometimes realtor.com takes a few days longer to pull the listing from the company site.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:24 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,273,613 times
It generally takes me about 4-5 days after I get the listing signed because I make sure that all marketing collateral is online and ready to go the day the property is listed with the MLS.

Once it goes into the MLS system, it gets sent out via hotsheets, IDX, etc. that night (at like 3:00a) and generally pops up in Realtor.com within 24-48 hours.

The most important thing is that everything is ready when it actually goes in the computer. If you put in a listing and it doesn't have photos, virtual tour, etc. put in at the same time, then all that major marketing push that new listings get is wasted since most people don't look at listings without photos.

In any case, call your agent and find out when it's being listed (or why you can't find it if it is listed already).

Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,895,230 times
It depends on the local board. Our MLS rules here say that it has to be listed within 2 days of getting all required signatures and then we have 2 days to get a front picture of the house on there. (business days). Our listings require a broker's signature, so there could be time added on to 'get all signatures' but in other words, our board wants to make sure you haven't gotten an 'mls' listing and are treating it as if it's a 'pocket' listing. If you tell the customer it's going on the MLS you have to get it up there asap.
But, that's our board. I have no idea what your board says.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Depending upon the local MLS, but most agents can input their listings into the system and the listing goes "live" immediately - at least locally. Depending upon the agreement the board has with REALTOR.com, it make take up to 72 hours for it to be uploaded to there.

Pictures? Again, depending upon the MLS - agents can upload their own pictures to the local MLS and, once again depending upon various agreements, it make take sometime for them to be on REALTOR.com

Old 01-15-2008, 10:07 PM

88 posts, read 424,082 times
When I take a listing, I take my own outside photo and if it's a good day I take all pictures at that time also. I then put it into the MLS myself the same day, but it usually takes until the next day if it's later in the day or evening when I load it. Then our admin. loads it on our own site which is linked to Realtor.com so that takes a little longer. But just for the MLS it's right away.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:04 AM

166 posts, read 855,761 times
Default How long does it take?

Our local board requires the listing to be in the MLS within one business day of putting the sign in the yard. As someone mentioned earlier, this is to prevent someone from taking a MLS listing agreement and withholding in an attempt to sell it themselves first.

I have my listings in the MLS, my websites and The Real Estate Book website within 24 hours of taking the listing. Data is sent to Realtor.com from our local board, than can take a few days. I've found it's wise to check Realtor.com to make sure the listing and the photo(s) are out there. I've had occasions where there was a problem with the upload but apparently no one is notified or resolves it.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:04 PM

144 posts, read 520,323 times
Ask your agent to send you the listing that is on the MLS to you via email. If he claims he can't or does not have an explanation for not being able to or won't, you may have a problem.

The MLS service your agent is using is the first point in the system where the other web sites such as Realtor.com gets their information. Sometimes those sites can take a bit more time to upload the listing but not typically as long as yours is taking.

You can also call the Broker and ask what the time frame requirement for the MLS service they use it from the time the listing contract is signed.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:51 AM

10,077 posts, read 7,757,140 times
Realtor came over Tuesday evening. We signed papers and she was going to use the pictures I had already taken of the house. She left that evening telling me she will come back the next day with the sign and key lock box. She did come back that next evening.

Ok, here it is Friday, 3 days later, and still the listing isn't on the internet. She said she would email me when she got it online. Last time I tried to sell it, the listing was online the next day. Why would this realtor take longer? Is each real estate company different?

I'm unsure if I should ask her or be more patient?

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-26-2013 at 08:06 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
Ask her. She should be more than happy to answer your questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate