Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:10 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,955,498 times

Advertisements

So I am not a realtor, but I follow real estate in my area. Recently I came across this listing:

939 West Aspen Way, Gilbert AZ | Trulia.com

Its like 1990's photoshop with the fish eye effect!

If this was my listing I would demand a retake of the pictures!

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 10:30 AM

15,572 posts, read 40,413,812 times
They do it because they don't share their listings with their clients for review and their clients never check the marketing their agent is doing.

I think this was done with one of those iPhone attachments. I have one that my kids got me as a gift.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:43 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,093 times
Bad realtors that should be terminated by their client ASAP!

Old 04-13-2015, 11:45 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,815,202 times
Who knows. But it was listed for sale at $184K on 3/06/15. Sold for $175K on 3/27/15. The lousy photos didn't seem to be a problem, did they?

Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Wow! Once I got over the novelty of living in a house with so many curved walls and doorways I think I'd find it impractical.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:14 PM

39 posts, read 112,066 times
Funny u mention that....I am moving from NJ to AZ and have been looking at houses in AZ.

Not only do i notice those kinda pics (i think the point is to make it look bigger) ...and EXTREMELY photoshopped pictures that are so photoshopped it looks like a painting rather than a photo.

It's bad if the pics look TOO good, because when the person actually visits the house it is much less than they expected and wind up disapointed.

I've seriously seen photos where the colors and tints and everything are so unrealistic and edited it's not even realistic enough to be a painting

I've also seen photos where there is garbage all over the place, clothes on the floor...its cluttered and there are dirty dishes on teh tables and in worst cases so much stuff all over u cant even see the floors or walls

You would think people would spend some time cleaning up a bit before they put photos of their homes up

Im happy with the pictures the photographer took at my house except for 2 of them. For some reason the photo of our kitchen looks much smaller in the photo than it actually is.....he didnt take it from the furthest point he took it in like the middle of our kitchen.....we also have a TV room and the photos make it look smaller than it is and really narrow when its pretty wide. Usually pro photographers will make the room look a little bigger. But i guess it can be a good thing cause people are coming expecting to see smaller rooms and find its bigger than they saw on the net

The pictures of houses in my area are usually fairly accurate and well done but looking at AZ (Phoenix and Tucson specifically) i find there are a lot that seem overdone and a lot that seem underdone

Old 04-13-2015, 12:23 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times
People may be overlooking the obvious. Maybe the photos weren't due to a camera lens. Rather, maybe the house actually looked like that!

In any case, it sold! I think I read somewhere that one of the Teletubbies bought it.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:37 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,071,862 times
Wow! That is painful to look at.

But, for whatever reason....someone knew the house, a drive by, or even someone who saw it on line thought it was worth a look, and made an offer.

Trying to predict human behavior is a VERY difficult science.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:58 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Trying to predict human behavior is a VERY difficult science.
Yeah...it's called pseudoscience.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:10 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,815,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksJason View Post
Funny u mention that....I am moving from NJ to AZ and have been looking at houses in AZ.

I've also seen photos where there is garbage all over the place, clothes on the floor...its cluttered and there are dirty dishes on teh tables and in worst cases so much stuff all over u cant even see the floors or walls

You would think people would spend some time cleaning up a bit before they put photos of their homes up

The pictures of houses in my area are usually fairly accurate and well done but looking at AZ (Phoenix and Tucson specifically) i find there are a lot that seem overdone and a lot that seem underdone
A couple of reasons for this are that so many homes/condos in the Phoeix and Tucson areas are rented. Tenants often don't bother to clean up, and sometimes prefer that the house doesn't sell.

Those areas STILL have plenty of short sales and foreclosures. You can't always tell online if that is what you are looking at. Again, nobody gives a rats pattoty about making the place look great.

I'd also say that because of the HUGE number of distressed properties in Phoenix/Tucson in 2008-2012, there are plenty of bad realtors who got into the business. They are STILL bad and never learned how to properly sell a home. (warning - be careful when you hire a buyers agent.) And investor owned properties are everywhere (warning - be careful when you make and offer an get a really really good inspection).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate