Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 11:22 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yeah they may but I am refusing everything the next go round. Then my agent wont have any confusion.
Refuse EVERYTHING on principle. Great idea. You'll be owning that house for a long, long time.

Stop being so emotional and taking this all so personally. Stop being so completely close minded about everything. This is a business transaction, plain and simple. Want to get it completed? Pull up your big girl panties, take responsibility for putting yourself in this situation, stop blaming others, and find SOLUTIONS to your problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 12:52 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Quote:
My townhouse is under contract and supposed to settle the beginning of June.

I priced the townhouse low (about $20k) as I know it needed work. Asking was $219.9k. They offered $225k with $7k back for closing. Great.. This I can work with.

Then they hire an inspector,who freaks them out. The request a new roof, new deck, new sidewalks, hvac repair, new dishwasher, pond and landscaping to be removed, sprinkler system to be replaced and electric rewriting of doorbell. So all in all, about $15k-$20k in repairs. On a house that they are already getting as a bargain.

We have spent four days and upwards of $500-$700 in having service techs come in to check things that turned out to be in good working order to begin with. Hvac guy walked in yesterday, $150 and he could not find one thing wrong with the only 2 year old unit. Roofer laughed hysterically at them requesting a new roof because the current one is 19 years old. No evidence of leaks or needing replacement other than it is original.

I am over these people...
Chuck them and next time make it clear the place is "As is" and that is why you are pricing it cheap.

Put it in the contract "As is." BANKS DO AS IS ALL THE TIME. And they don't even disclose what "as is" really is. YOU disclose everything that you know needs fixing....don't hide anything that you mean as is, to be.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:52 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
I am meeting someone at house today that wants to rent it.

If that does not pan out then it goes back on market. The agent wants to list it as is but I do not feel like that is acurrate as everything is functioning.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:54 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,929,395 times
Quote:

If that does not pan out then it goes back on market. The agent wants to list it as is but I do not feel like that is acurrate as everything is functioning.
How does that affect your listing agreement contract?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
I should be able to just tell her I am withdrawing it off the market.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
Chuck them and next time make it clear the place is "As is" and that is why you are pricing it cheap.

Put it in the contract "As is." BANKS DO AS IS ALL THE TIME. And they don't even disclose what "as is" really is. YOU disclose everything that you know needs fixing....don't hide anything that you mean as is, to be.

The words "as is" would steer me away from even going to view the home. I think that's true for many people, but certainly not everyone.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
How the heck is that going to solve your problem of owing all the money you borrowed from family and already spent on the new house you purchased? You've been claiming that you had to pay it all back from the proceeds of the sale of this house "like yesterday."

Old 05-21-2015, 01:27 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,929,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The words "as is" would steer me away from even going to view the home. I think that's true for many people, but certainly not everyone.
I love the word "AS IS".. Open season for lowball offers.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Oh great - renting it out. How will that enable your ability to pay back the large lump sum you borrowed? Have you ever been a landlord before? If not, believe me, if you think you're "lowonluck" now, you ain't seen nothing yet. You are letting your short-term emotions cloud your financial goals, and that will put you even further down the rabbit hole than you already are. You really need to get the house back on the market ASAP, preferably with another agent if it's allowable, and get it sold, like, yesterday. And don't don't continue to react to the situation with such emotion that you torpedo any future deals.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Oh great - renting it out. How will that enable your ability to pay back the large lump sum you borrowed? Have you ever been a landlord before? If not, believe me, if you think you're "lowonluck" now, you ain't seen nothing yet. You are letting your short-term emotions cloud your financial goals, and that will put you even further down the rabbit hole than you already are. You really need to get the house back on the market ASAP, preferably with another agent if it's allowable, and get it sold, like, yesterday. And don't don't continue to react to the situation with such emotion that you torpedo any future deals.
I've come to the sad conclusion that one or more of these statements is true:

1. The OP needs to call her Realtor and say, "I'm sorry, I'll cough up the $130 bucks. Make this deal work. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE."
2. The OP is nuts.
3. The OP is making all this stuff up and doesn't even have a house to sell.
4. We're all taking a lot of our time and energy trying to help someone who isn't really interested in finding solutions to her problems. She prefers the drama, the venting, the wallowing in misery - and sets herself up for it (as Bungalove points out in her becoming a landlord), then blames everyone else for her "bad luck".

But it's such an entertaining thread. Now I'm beginning to understand why so many folks find daytime soap operas so addictive. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate