Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 02:02 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcar12 View Post
Long story short... we will be without a 2nd car as of June 15, so I won't be able to leave with the kids during showings after that date. My husband will have the car, and works odd hours (12 hours a day, getting off work in the middle of the night), so it's not as simple as me being able to drop him off and pick him up. And we are moving out of state for a job at the end of June.
You can schedule showings and just take the kids for a walk around the block during it, or sit with the kids in their bedroom during the showing and leave to show that room and then go back in.

Now taking a job out of state is a problem, you may have no choice but to rent the house out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 02:03 PM

97 posts, read 193,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
What are the comps? That will tell you what your house should be listed for.
Similar houses in the neighborhood have sold for average $170,000 in the last year. (Ours is better than average, though. Has a feature no one else has in the neighborhood.... a draining system in the basement with a battery-back up sump pump.) I know everyone thinks their own is better than average though, right?

Old 05-30-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
You can schedule showings and just take the kids for a walk around the block during it, or sit with the kids in their bedroom during the showing and leave to show that room and then go back in.

Now taking a job out of state is a problem, you may have no choice but to rent the house out.
Worst case scenario is we have to move before we sell. I don't think we will need to rent it out. I would rather accept an offer for the same amount we bought it for than rent it out. So... is that my answer to my own question? Just do a huge price decrease? I don't want to look so very desperate, though.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Pray...believe it will happen.
Already been praying like crazy But I will continue to do so!

Old 05-30-2015, 02:20 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,234,327 times
9 showings in the first month is low which normally means you have over priced it. You should have 10-20 showings in an average market in the first week. People don't bother looking at houses that are way over, and most people trust Zillow's crappy zestimate so while people in the business don't like it the average person loves it. Your return showing was an interested buyer who was trying to decide if the money was worth it, I hope your agent has followed up with that persons agent since the return visit to get feedback because that one will be the most valuable to you. Assuming you allowed your agent to do their job and price the house for you I would make your agent show you the comps which were used, and go pull your own to compare.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
9 showings in the first month is low which normally means you have over priced it. You should have 10-20 showings in an average market in the first week. People don't bother looking at houses that are way over, and most people trust Zillow's crappy zestimate so while people in the business don't like it the average person loves it. Your return showing was an interested buyer who was trying to decide if the money was worth it, I hope your agent has followed up with that persons agent since the return visit to get feedback because that one will be the most valuable to you. Assuming you allowed your agent to do their job and price the house for you I would make your agent show you the comps which were used, and go pull your own to compare.
We did price it how our agent suggested, and I have looked at the comps myself.

I am just feeling confused as to why we had so many MORE showings before our price-reduction. It feels like the price-reduction didn't even matter.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:42 PM

all I can say is good luck and bury a statue of Saint Joseph upside down in your yard.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,483,397 times
Quote:
I am just feeling confused as to why we had so many MORE showings before our price-reduction. It feels like the price-reduction didn't even matter.
It probably didn't matter. The flurry of interest early on was due to it being a new listing, and everybody looking for something in that price range went over to take a look.

I'd say the market where you are is definitely NOT "hot". In a real "hot" market, you could sell anything for too high a price. That isn't the case where you are. The people in your price range have already looked the house over. They're still "shopping", but not doing much buying.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Worst case scenario is we have to move before we sell. I don't think we will need to rent it out. I would rather accept an offer for the same amount we bought it for than rent it out. So... is that my answer to my own question? Just do a huge price decrease? I don't want to look so very desperate, though.
That's good, you don't have to be there to sell it. Always have a plan B. Wait for an offer, usually they will lowball you anyway and want you to pay their closing costs, If you lowball it they will still ask for the same things. Maybe ask your realtor to market it other places or post on for sale by owner sites.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
We did price it how our agent suggested, and I have looked at the comps myself.

You always get the most showings when the listing is fresh, people want to see if you have something amazing at a great price. Don't stress over it, there is not much you can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate