Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:06 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times

Advertisements

Love, love, love my end unit. Larger lot, more privacy, no neighbors directly across or behind me due to positioning.

15K is a bargain, adds about $15 per month to the payment. You will not regret your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 12:49 PM

486 posts, read 832,395 times
When I was looking at condos, townhouses and SFH. I would only consider buying a condo if it was an end unit. I've lived near to loud neighbors before and this cuts the chances in half or a third that you will be next to one.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:12 PM

680 posts, read 1,921,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Love, love, love my end unit. Larger lot, more privacy, no neighbors directly across or behind me due to positioning.

15K is a bargain, adds about $15 per month to the payment. You will not regret your decision.
While I agree with all of your points and think it's well worth it, you may want to check your math on that monthly payment. $15K at 4% over 360 months is about $72 bucks or almost 5 times the $15 you mentioned.... Not a huge factor, but could be an issue for some.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:04 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
The fact that they are raising prices near the end of the project, is very common. Prices that a housing project start at, are never the same as the final units are sold at, unless it is a very flat market in a certain area. They start sales, in the least desirable part of the housing development, with lower prices to get the property up and selling. By the time they get to the end, prices will be for more desirable units, and/or prices have increased in the area. Often construction costs have increased forcing prices up.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:16 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
I understand why they're raising prices. I just find it annoying that we got in at the "old" price, but because we're switching units they are charging us the new price on TOP of the standard amount for the end unit.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:01 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I understand why they're raising prices. I just find it annoying that we got in at the "old" price, but because we're switching units they are charging us the new price on TOP of the standard amount for the end unit.
Were you not able to buy an end unit pre construction or during the early selling stage?

Old 07-10-2015, 02:51 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Were you not able to buy an end unit pre construction or during the early selling stage?
When I signed the paper the interior unit there were no end units available (all sold). However, I told the salesperson I would be interested in an end unit if one of the current buyers fell through (and about three weeks later one did).

Old 07-10-2015, 10:13 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post
While I agree with all of your points and think it's well worth it, you may want to check your math on that monthly payment. $15K at 4% over 360 months is about $72 bucks or almost 5 times the $15 you mentioned.... Not a huge factor, but could be an issue for some.
11 pm.....little wine, lots of whine....I stand corrected.

Not a day goes by that I regret my not facing anyone front or back, one neighbor on the side, quiet as can be.....but we also have 1970's partywalls with 3 feet of cinderblock, 4' wide hallways and staircases, all with the old hardwood floors they don't use anymore.....all that makes for a great sound barrier. It's also hell hanging a picture here.....need a drill for block on all exterior and party walls. I still have art to go up on the walls. Sigh......

Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
Quote:
They are charging you the current price for an end unit. The current price, is the price they will sell it to anyone for, you just got first chance to buy it. If you don't take it, it is the price they will sell it to someone else, and it will sell quickly.

It really is not fair to the builders, to expect them to make an exception and take a financial loss, and charge you the discounted price it formerly sold for. Remember, building housing projects is how they make their living, and getting the current price for any unit they sell, is very important to their profit picture. They build to make a profit, and giving special deals to anyone including you, would not be fair to them, or other potential buyers who had to pay a higher price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate