Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:18 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Her MLS may require a listing move to "contingent" or "pending" status once under contract which would remove it from the "for sale" listings online. I imagine she intends to show it if she has an interested buyer or if another agent calls and asks whether you'd entertain a backup. You're being too quick to jump to conclusions. I bet if I called her and asked about your house, she'd show it to me and suggest a backup if I was interested. Sounds like a smart agent who would like to get a backup for you. She'd probably be mortified to know that you think she lied. Be happy you have a contract and stop with the liar fantasies.
I'm jumping to conclusions because I can't ask her as she is very lack luster in returning calls.
I don't expect her to get back to me in minutes or even hours but days?? Come on now.

Real estate is like any other profession, you have your professionals and you have your lemons, I think we may have chose a lemon.

Oh and house down the road up for sale, the listing was never removed until they closed the other day. It was still listed while they went through the review, inspection etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Why ask us? Ask YOUR REALTOR.
Why bother to respond if that's all you got
I HAVE called she doesn't get back to you

Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Why bother to respond if that's all you got
I HAVE called she doesn't get back to you

Sounds to me like you need to have a sit down with your realtor and tell her you expect a call within a realistic amount of time if you call and leave vm. Not days but should return calls end of business day of early next day. Have you sat down with her and had a conversation about your expectations of her customer service and communication expectations.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Sounds to me like you need to have a sit down with your realtor and tell her you expect a call within a realistic amount of time if you call and leave vm. Not days but should return calls end of business day of early next day.
Agree and my husband will do that today even if it means making a visit to the office.

Me, I'm not stressing another minute, it makes no difference to me if we sell or not. Hubbie is the one anxious to sell and move south, so he can deal with it. I'm indifferent and don't really care one way or another.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:04 AM

179 posts, read 268,554 times
Our agents did that too. Both swore they would keep showing and take backups. Neither did. The second in the office should have learned after the first people didn't qualify but did the exact same thing with the exact same results. We even heard from a prospective buyer that they tried to give a backup and the second agent would not take it.

I understand the situation and would have appreciated a bit of honesty in our agent dealings.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Ok can people looking on line still see the listing?

I'm asking here because she is not very prompt on returning calls, I'm talking days not hours..but days.
You sound like an extremely demanding seller. Do you realize we just had a MAJOR holiday and practically everything shut down for several days because of it falling on a weekend? Maybe she went out of town and doesn't have service. Good grief. You're under contract. Keep your panties on!

You don't know what the rules regarding the listing changes once an offer has been accepted. And honestly, every time I've bought a house, I would NEVER look at anything pending or under contract. Why waste my time, my realtor's time, and the seller's time? If the deal falls through it will be back on the MLS for all to view. If it doesn't fall through, then you're acting like a crazy, demanding person for NOTHING!

I've been through 2 FHA loans as a buyer and the inspection isn't that bad. Sorry, but no one wants to buy your problems! I can pay in cash and be just as demanding about repairs.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:00 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
A Realtor...being untruthful.....of all things imaginable!

Stay on her. Hard.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You sound like an extremely demanding seller. Do you realize we just had a MAJOR holiday and practically everything shut down for several days because of it falling on a weekend? Maybe she went out of town and doesn't have service. Good grief. You're under contract. Keep your panties on!

You don't know what the rules regarding the listing changes once an offer has been accepted. And honestly, every time I've bought a house, I would NEVER look at anything pending or under contract. Why waste my time, my realtor's time, and the seller's time? If the deal falls through it will be back on the MLS for all to view. If it doesn't fall through, then you're acting like a crazy, demanding person for NOTHING!

I've been through 2 FHA loans as a buyer and the inspection isn't that bad. Sorry, but no one wants to buy your problems! I can pay in cash and be just as demanding about repairs.
Again why respond if that's all you got.

I was looking for reasons that she may have done this and I do thank the people who posted helpful posts not demeaning ones like the one above.

By the way she is getting a handsome commission so I EXPECT phone calls to be returned.
This is Wednesday already

You've no idea at all about my house so don't even go there about buying my problems...house has been redone, legally all permits taken out. Presumptuous people just really annoy me

I look at pendings because many deals fall through..you never know

Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
A Realtor...being untruthful.....of all things imaginable!

Stay on her. Hard.
Thanks

Old 07-08-2015, 10:19 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Steve we just listed about 3 weeks ago had an offer made a counter offer and accepted.

My issue is the buyer is FHA they can be a real pain in the nit pick dept at home inspection so when she said don't worry I will continue to show and any offers will be back up if deal falls through...

I swear I feel like I'm dealing with a used car salesman..tell me the truth don't lie

Oh and good luck!!!

Then why are you talking to everyone on a public random forum instead of talking to the one you feel told you the lie?

Is this getting anything changed or accomplished besides you fussing about something you can tend to in real life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate