Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 AM

93 posts, read 292,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It is thursday and we still have yet to hear back from him. I called him on his cell phone since this is the preferred way that he wants us to contact him and I have been calling everyday since tuesday. Im starting to get a little frustrated and worried is this how our agent should be handling business with us? We chose him because we thought he could handle the job for us, but now we are beginning to wonder if we made the right choice.
I think you should call his office and speak to his Broker in charge. Explain him and tell him/her that you are very upset and you ned to get in touch with him to discuss property matter. if he is not available than you would like to speak to someone who can assist you. When you sign a listing contract, it is not with the agent, it is with the company and I think that you have a valid reason to be upset. It is no reason for an agent not to call you because it only make s the matter worse.

The agent might not have any answer for you to why the house is not selling but he shousl atleast make an effort to return your call. In this market Price is everything and if the property is listed at right price than you can sell it fast. Selling price is not an emational but a thought full process. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 AM

336 posts, read 864,150 times
Thank you all again for all your input. My husband finally got through to our realtor but Im still calling his broker today. His excuse was that he was just about to call us....well he emailed over 13 listings saying that we really need to drop our price about 40K to compete and as I looked and researched everyone one of the homes is a short sale and is foreclosure. We are not in dire straits to to move, but then again we would like to be closer to my husbands job because he is away from home for 4 days. I guess i am just confused is this something i should be concerned about or should we just start shopping else where? just confused

Old 01-25-2008, 09:30 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Thank you all again for all your input. My husband finally got through to our realtor but Im still calling his broker today. His excuse was that he was just about to call us....well he emailed over 13 listings saying that we really need to drop our price about 40K to compete and as I looked and researched everyone one of the homes is a short sale and is foreclosure. We are not in dire straits to to move, but then again we would like to be closer to my husbands job because he is away from home for 4 days. I guess i am just confused is this something i should be concerned about or should we just start shopping else where? just confused
Distressed sales are not appropriate comps and as such are not used for appraisals or cma's. Your agent should discuss and be able to distinguish and show you how and why a home is a good comp for your home.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 AM

336 posts, read 864,150 times
thats what I thought....but hey im not and agent but what do I know. I feel that he sees us a young couple selling our first home. Thank you so much I will run that by with my husband and I just think its time for us to find someone who wants to WORK for us instead trying to snowball us. Thanks again

Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Unfortunately, the short sales and foreclosures are your competion. The agent should have sent the Sold comps and Expired comps in addition to the Actives. In fact he should have paid you a personal visit and sat down to discuss these with you.

If you have to accept less for your home than you would like to have, then it's more than likely that you will also be able pay less for the home you're buying. Give that some consideration.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Yes, you might need to find another Realtor. This is a very big time for you and you should feel comfortable that your Realtor is looking out for your best interests, and giving you the time and attention you need.

He should definitely show you the whole picture: actives, solds, expireds etc. Bill is right, he should have come and sat down to explain everything to you, not just emailed you.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:00 PM

27 posts, read 91,747 times
There is no reason to be hesitant about "fixing" this problem. Yes, your agent has performed poorly.

But remember, this is YOUR business, life and money ... not your agents.

Make waves; contact his broker ... if immediate responses do not happen then submit a complaint to the Real Estate Commission.

Do not let someone control your business.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,735 times
We had a similar situation. We listed with an agent and two weeks later he went to Europe for 6 weeks! After we found out we contacted the owner of the company and switched agents. At that point the owner became very aggressive about selling our house. He advertised more etc. The company did not end up selling our home and when the listing expired the original agent had the gall to call and ask to relist! We told him no thank you and then he accused us of trying to steal his lock box!
Let's face it... in this market you need to take care of yourself. If an agent is not doing the job...find one who will. Ask others who have sold their house or talk to bankers. The banks always know who is selling and who is not as they are the ones giving the mortgages.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 PM

29 posts, read 86,805 times
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find an honest realtor...believe me, I know...I am one. The whole business can be confusing and vague, which is how the realtors like it, so that you will always need them =) I got into this business because my husband is in the military and I got tired of having to deal with shady people every 3 to 4 years. Now, I just buy and sell for myself =) As for your disillusionment over the price, Didn't your realtor do a comparative market analysis BEFORE he listed your property?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM

23 posts, read 90,453 times
Default Same business

No, this is not how your realtor should be treating you. I get back to my clients promptly. You should call his office and speak with his Principal Broker. This is the person in charge of all the agents in his/her office. She or he is to represent their firm whether their agent is a flake or not. You have the right to withdraw your listing from your agent. Just document why. Its your house and you shouldn't be held to a contract where you're not being treated properly. What if they aren't responding to a buyer that's calling on your house as well? There are plenty of real estate agents. Interview several....like a job interview. Who do you like working with? Who seems to be successful and has recommendations or a plan on marketing your house? Doesn't matter whether the firm is small or one of the large ones....we all have access to the same info just different ways of marketing and tracking down buyers for our listings. Call the Principal Broker and voice your concerns....bet you see a turn around. Or, just cut your losses and find a new one now that you've got a better idea of what to expect. And being called back right away is one of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate