Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,678,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I just don't understand We have been on the market since Sept. We have been told lately we are priced right and BTW this is the price I wanted in Sept but our realtor and hubby said NO to low.We have been getting more showing two yesterday and when our realtor calls for feed back everyone loves our home and nothing negitive is said about the house. I see the comps and we are lower not by much but lower then even some of the smaller home.One problem is that from the outside our home looks like a one level but it is a two story but the mater bedroom and bath our down stairs.One couple didn't know this (I blame his realtor) and he used a cane. I do not go to the upper level a lot no need to since it is a great guest retreat. Two big bedrooms and a full bath and when we have guests they have their own space.
lorriem, part of the problem is that you weren't aggressive enough from the start. You knew that, your husband knows that now. Probably would've sold by now. But what's done is done.

If you are below comps and you haven't had any offers than I hate to say you are still overpriced. Florida is basically ground zero for the bubble. Too much inventory to choose from, limited buyers, & still and prices are still way out of whack compared to income levels.

I really don't know what else to say....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
lorriem, part of the problem is that you weren't aggressive enough from the start. You knew that, your husband knows that now. Probably would've sold by now. But what's done is done.

If you are below comps and you haven't had any offers than I hate to say you are still overpriced. Florida is basically ground zero for the bubble. Too much inventory to choose from, limited buyers, & still and prices are still way out of whack compared to income levels.

I really don't know what else to say....
Me neither except there is always a person for your house. We had two almost offers but the HOA nixed that.
Coupon I know you don't post to be negitive but it is not all gloom. Positive is a good thing sometimes. We have an extra $20,000 we could come down but I hate to do that if a low ball offer comes in which it most likely will.That $20,000 we could then use and showings have picked up.

Last edited by lorriem; 02-06-2008 at 02:31 PM..

Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,915,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Me neither except there is always a person for your house. We had two almost offers but the HOA nixed that.
Coupon I know you don't post to be negitive but it is not all gloom. Positive is a good thing sometimes. We have an extra $20,000 we could come down but I hate to do that if a low ball offer comes in which it most likely will.That $20,000 we could then use and showings have picked up.
If you really want to get the house sold, you would probably be better served lowering the price by that amounbt you have that you are prepared to negotiate away if you need to. The purpose of an asking price is to attract qualified buyers. Forget negotiating room. You always have the ability to say no to any offer you don't like. That's better, in my opinion, that hoping someone who is looking at the higher prices will come to see yours & negotiate down.
Just out of curiosity, how did the HOA nix two "almost offers?" Is this the one who wanted to bring an RV or a boat?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:07 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times
I am also curious as to why your HOA nixed two almost offers...never heard of that...who we sell to here is not the HOA's business...

Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
I'm interested to hear this as well.... And to answer the OP's question, yes we do and no we aren't.
We haven't had a showing in 90 days or more, but then again it's winter with snow everywhere.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
If you really want to get the house sold, you would probably be better served lowering the price by that amounbt you have that you are prepared to negotiate away if you need to. The purpose of an asking price is to attract qualified buyers. Forget negotiating room. You always have the ability to say no to any offer you don't like. That's better, in my opinion, that hoping someone who is looking at the higher prices will come to see yours & negotiate down.
Just out of curiosity, how did the HOA nix two "almost offers?" Is this the one who wanted to bring an RV or a boat?
HOA allows no boats or RV's in the neighorhood. both had a boat or a RV. We did drop our price again today. yesterday we had a showing and they loved the place but our raltor when we ask said it was out of their price range. We said we woud see if we could get close to their price range and she said no since we would have to go $100,00- less.I have no idea why their realtor came here unless he looked at the suncost mag which put our price $ 100, 000 less then it was listed for and it will stay in that mag for a month the day before.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times
Must have been a mistake...why on earth would someone come to look at a home that far out of their price range...shame on their agent for not double checking that...its a lot of work to get a house ready to show, then to find out it was out of their range...how unfair for you too.

Sorry that is one of my major pet peeves..

Old 02-07-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Must have been a mistake...why on earth would someone come to look at a home that far out of their price range...shame on their agent for not double checking that...its a lot of work to get a house ready to show, then to find out it was out of their range...how unfair for you too.

Sorry that is one of my major pet peeves..

That is what I thought why not check the mls first.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM

29 posts, read 69,177 times
We had 3 showings scheduled today (Sunday) The first being at 9:30am another at 12:00pm and another at 3:30pm. The only group who showed up was the 9:30am...very frustrating to keep going in and out of the house and then they never show up!!! Next time I just might stay home!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 PM

534 posts, read 1,592,694 times
Ours went up for sale this past Thursday. We had our first open house today. We have the agents tour on Tuesday.

We are priced right for the area. The house next to us is also for sale. He's about $20,000 dollars overpriced. It was a forclosure and the guy who bought it, flipped it. I saw the before and after and no way would I buy that house for the price he is asking. I wouldn't buy it no matter what. It's not much bigger then ours, but needs so much more work. New windows, siding, and a roof to start. We have all new windows, new central air. We have aluminum siding which is in perfect shape. An awesome professionly finished basement with 3/4 bath. All appliances stay, which are only 3 years old(he has only a dishwasher). Nice landscaping as well.

We are very clean and well organized people. I didn't have to do any extra cleaning to get the house ready. Just did my normal Saturday cleaning. The house is spotless. All we did was take down our personal pictures and patch the holes. Took all of an hour.

We have the same realtor who sold it to us. He is top in the city and was amazed at how clean the house still was. The lady before us was just as clean as us. We bought it before she even had an open house. If we would have waited, we would have lost out on a gem. The inspector couldn't believe what we paid for it and told us to take it and run. There was only a few very minor things to do that he said. More insulation in the attic..done. A screw needed replacing in the gutter...done. A circuit breaker needed to be replaced..done. He said if every house he inspected was like ours, his job would be so much easier.

We are hoping for a quick sale. Moving back to "home" which is Wisconsin. We can't wait(we are in Cedar Rapids, Iowa).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate