Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 01:45 PM

613 posts, read 944,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post

That is why I'm peeved at the agent for not sending me cancel as to respect my time as well. I'm thinking of getting into real estate myself- it seems like a pretty cush job and after my experience I feel I could excel at it as I would go the extra steps with my clients & non-clients. Out of 12 or so showings I noticed only one time did a buyers agent show up a little earlier to check out the property before his clients arrived. I would do the same so I would be knowledgeable of the property to point out the positives & the negatives with my client.
A wild guess here--is this the first property you've ever tried to sell? It sounds like you have NO idea of all of the awful things that can go wrong with selling R.E.

But you're "peeved" & feeling "dis-respected" b/c of one minor inconvenience. And it doesn't sound like you want to listen to any of the good (free) advice given to you here.

Basically, it seems like you just have no clue how hard selling a property can be.....if you're gonna get this ticked off over every little inconvenience.......I say, go ahead, see how that works out.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 02:54 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,742,532 times
Actually, I was peeved not f*** pissed over it as I realize it's how things go. I've worked with the general public and have experienced all different kinds attitudes. I just think the lack of common courtesy is the cause of many of this issues going on today. There really is just no excuse for it & in an industry were referrals and name recognition is important I would try and avoid being associated with negative opinions as you never know where the next client will come from.

Now I had a showing scheduled for today at 4:15 and I received a text cancelling at 2:30 due to "buyers schedule change", am I mad- of course not but disappointed but not mad and respect that they cancelled so I do not waste my time prepping house etc. See how simple was that and respectful. Now what does it really tell me- it tells me that these people are interested but not concerned that the house could be bought before they had time to view, so they are luke warm on it.

Yes- this is the first house I've sold & has been a real opener on many different factors from what an agent actually does to how people view the property.

I mean no offense but it does seem like a cush job- the biggest issue is getting clients either as a listing agent or buyers agent.

It's also a different set of emotions when your personally involved as opposed to professionally involved.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:06 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,072,535 times
Seems odd in today's market where most homes sell after 1 showing.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:35 PM

8,573 posts, read 12,405,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
Seems odd in today's market where most homes sell after 1 showing.
It all depends on where you are. All real estate is local.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:51 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
Quote:
Well, I just experienced my first no show. Agent requested a showing time of 5:15-6:15 this Friday evening and they ended up being a no show. How absolutely rude- would it be so bad to just send me a cancel so I do not waste my time. I was leery of a Friday evening thinking people get off work & want to go out etc.

I got to tell you though the lack of respect- I just wish I knew which agent did this because if they tried to reschedule I would not put my self out in any way & not sure I would even want to deal with these people.
I have been on both sides. As a buyer when we drive into a neighborhood and my first impression is bad I have said to the realtor, I have no interest in seeing a house in here. Drive on by.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:19 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott01 View Post
A call would have been appropriate.
Yes, especially nowadays when everyone has a cell phone on them at (nearly) all times.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:16 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Actually, I was peeved not f*** pissed over it as I realize it's how things go. I've worked with the general public and have experienced all different kinds attitudes. I just think the lack of common courtesy is the cause of many of this issues going on today. There really is just no excuse for it & in an industry were referrals and name recognition is important I would try and avoid being associated with negative opinions as you never know where the next client will come from.

Now I had a showing scheduled for today at 4:15 and I received a text cancelling at 2:30 due to "buyers schedule change", am I mad- of course not but disappointed but not mad and respect that they cancelled so I do not waste my time prepping house etc. See how simple was that and respectful. Now what does it really tell me- it tells me that these people are interested but not concerned that the house could be bought before they had time to view, so they are luke warm on it.

Yes- this is the first house I've sold & has been a real opener on many different factors from what an agent actually does to how people view the property.

I mean no offense but it does seem like a cush job- the biggest issue is getting clients either as a listing agent or buyers agent.

It's also a different set of emotions when your personally involved as opposed to professionally involved.
On the original point, it is indeed unfortunate that for whatever reason they did not call the service to cancel.

I would definitely say that a big part of our responsibility Is using our professional involvement to help people overcome their personal emotional state.

Based on the numerous topics you've started, either your agent is not properly asking and answering questions, or you really need to look in the mirror at your expectations of human behavior. almost every step of the process seems to have set you back, when they are the normal everyday hurdles involved with selling a home.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:03 AM

10 posts, read 8,159 times
Quote:
Well, I just experienced my first no show. Agent requested a showing time of 5:15-6:15 this Friday evening and they ended up being a no show. How absolutely rude- would it be so bad to just send me a cancel so I do not waste my time. I was leery of a Friday evening thinking people get off work & want to go out etc.

I got to tell you though the lack of respect- I just wish I knew which agent did this because if they tried to reschedule I would not put my self out in any way & not sure I would even want to deal with these people.

i would reschedule with them and not show up

Old 08-16-2015, 04:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Why didn't YOU call the realtor?

Old 08-16-2015, 07:36 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times
Quote:

That is why I'm peeved at the agent for not sending me cancel as to respect my time as well. I'm thinking of getting into real estate myself- it seems like a pretty cush job and after my experience I feel I could excel at it as I would go the extra steps with my clients & non-clients. Out of 12 or so showings I noticed only one time did a buyers agent show up a little earlier to check out the property before his clients arrived. I would do the same so I would be knowledgeable of the property to point out the positives & the negatives with my client.
Boy do you have "another thing coming to you" as my mom used to say !!! As a former (successful) 18 year realtor I can say this with certainty!!!

And by the way, it's not a job, it's a life, as in don't plan anything for yourself on weekends, evenings and holidays. And I hope you're good with people, especially crazy ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate