Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 01:14 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times

Advertisements

Here we have a non-realty item addendum that goes with an offer where anything at all that isn't the house and land itself it put in if the buyer wants it to convey, in part because mortgage lenders don't want to be lending on furniture, just on the property itself and things that are physically attached to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,605 times
Updates from today.

My agents broker is involved. He's going after the mortgage broker and, from what I understand, has been in touch with the listing agent broker as well.

My agent went to the home today to photograph the appliances and was met with quite a bit of animosity from the listing agent, the seller and the sellers "friend," who demanded to know why this was necessary. We all have the notion that she was going to sell the very nice, very expensive washer and dryer and replace it with something inferior. Furniture is one thing, the washer and dryer are a whole other ballgame.

I've had a lot of time to deal with this through the whole process. The counter offer was the one and only day when I didn't and it would have expired by the time I did. It was also seemingly simple and just raised the price a little. Murphys Law strikes again. But, we thought that the listing agent could at least get the name right.

Like I said, the broker is involved and I have a meeting with a real estate attorney early next week. Everything is on track for the closing, according to the new lender.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:31 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksudances2dub View Post
I found a house a couple of weeks ago. At that time, the listing stated that the home was partially furnished and I requested details. The sellers agent claimed that she didn't know. I put in an offer and still no information. Finally, after accepting a counter offer, I threatened to hold up the mortgage until I got an answer. Apparently, there was another offer that fell through and, as those buyers didn't want anything left behind, the seller sold everything. The agent "didn't remember" that information being in the listing. She edited it this morning, but I have printed copies and screenshots of the unedited listings.

The mortgage broker that she pushed on us wanted us to pay for the appraisal in cash and refused to explain the closing costs. The interest rate kept rising for no reason and we couldn't get a straight answer on anything. We applied with a new lender today.

My realtor is little help. I had to do a drive by signing of the counter offer, as I had literally 5 minutes to spare on my way to work. I looked over it today and found that it was dated a month prior to my initial offer and had somebody else's name as the buyer. I'm not even sure who to be miffed with. I have no idea if my realtor has even contacted the selling agent when I've asked her to or if she's been guessing half the time. She has admitted to it.

This is my first home purchase and, as green as I am, I don't think this is right. I do want to purchase the home, but don't feel like I'm being represented well. Should I get another realtor? An attorney? Given how things have gone so far, I want to avoid any additional problems.

I think thatyou need to slow down and stop rushing through. There is no way I'm going to sign a counter without reading and understanding it. And I sure won't sign one in a rush. And if I'm signing anything I don't understand you can bet MY agent is going to explain exactly what I'm signing and any conditions or stipulations. Or I will get a agent that will. Granted that's why I interview to see who I can work with and who is willing to work with me.

What you need to do is put the brakes on and stop allowing the agents (buying or selling) to control the sale. Stop being intimidated. Get some real answers. If they won't give you straight answers get someone who can. Understand that at the end of the day you're left with the mortgage after everyone is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate