Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 04:31 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
OP, I am still stunned by the $700-a-month lot rent!! Is that typical?

(Another reason to never buy a mobile home unless it's on your own land and you can build something else on said land if you want to.)

And please guys, the "universe" doesn't care who gets what house. That "it was meant to be" or "I guess it wasn't meant to be" kind of thinking is, well, silly.
Yeah, that's the going rate around here. It's Broward county near fort Lauderdale and its' not a trailer park with dirt lots, it's a nice park with lawns and heated pool, and tennis courts, and a clubhouse with 2 pool tables and a library area. So it's high for lot rent, but you can't find a decent studio/efficiency in this area for $700, and they allow 2 dogs any size as long as they are not aggressive breeds. So it has it's pluses, and it's 55 and over and half are Canadian (they pay $700 a month for the 6 months they don't live here) so they are away for the summer, and everyone is checked out for background checks, so it's safer here.

But I bought a fixer upper cheap, I would never buy a new $60K home here. Some morons are trying to sell their 1970s double wides for $50,000.

As far as it's not meant to be, you must not have any beliefs in a higher power or karma, that's your prerogative to call it silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 04:56 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Maybe it's all for the best, the place does have a lot of issues with an odd layout, jalousie windows, no AC in Florida, gas stove in an odd location, tiny bathroom, etc . The only really good thing is that it has a family room and a back enclosed porch area to expand. Also it's the only property in that area in my price range that qualifies for USDA loan. I guess it's meant to be and the Universe is telling me that another place will be better for me.
we don't have Fl weather, but come here. It is a buyers market, but sellers aren't so wiling to deal. 1,700 homes on sale in a population area of 167K. We are bid on one house for over a week now, and they MAY have news for us later. We are not budging over what is a fair current value, and they are, as our buyer's agent says, "just being greedy" . and we have no place to sell before we can close. {we do, but minor issue}

It is 3 br 1 bath, full basement, new roof, boiler and tank, newer water heater, new carpet, new flooring, bath redone, 1st floor laundry. 65 x 150 lot. Much Less than $80k. Hasn't had a bid but ours in 3 months! Even after 3 open houses! they want seller's market money from it to "pay mom's bills"...OH WELL, then you should have sold in the seller's market!

We are like you, thinking maybe the universe is telling us something [that something better is coming along], but we are looking at other houses, and the sellers know this, or at least their agent does!

We wish you luck!
We wish us luck!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:14 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:

And please guys, the "universe" doesn't care who gets what house. That "it was meant to be" or "I guess it wasn't meant to be" kind of thinking is, well, silly.
What else would be more appropriate.

I could have said that despite my best efforts, all cash offer 100k over the accepted... which I did not know until the sale was complete..., and with only a survey contingency at my expense... someone else made the deal...

It is much easier for me to say it was not meant to be... something I remember my Grandmother saying.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
We wish you luck!
We wish us luck!
Thanks, and I do wish you luck.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post

It is much easier for me to say it was not meant to be... something I remember my Grandmother saying.
That's the best way to live, it is what it is, It's what's meant to be, we may not know the reason, but it may be for the better, and sometimes when one door closes another one opens up.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
What do you mean by that?
That means I did the negotiating with the seller and settled on a price. The rich guy with the cash was then faced with the choice to pony up or let it go. They chose to pony up. My contingency offer was dependent on selling my current home, so had at least a 30 day delay built in. The seller took the cash. The only difference was that the buyer had cash in hand and I didn't. I set the price for their deal.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:23 PM

I was looking at the map view on Realtor.com and it looked like anohter house (not the one I originally wanted, the one I saw go pending in one day) was back on the market, when i clicked on it I saw that it was a new lsiting, I bet they saw that the other one sold/went pending in 10 days so they willt try to sell theirs. It's smaller but it's good to know that things are hitting the market and it may be a matter of time of finding a great place.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:44 PM

10,047 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's the going rate around here. It's Broward county near fort Lauderdale and its' not a trailer park with dirt lots, it's a nice park with lawns and heated pool, and tennis courts, and a clubhouse with 2 pool tables and a library area. So it's high for lot rent, but you can't find a decent studio/efficiency in this area for $700, and they allow 2 dogs any size as long as they are not aggressive breeds. So it has it's pluses, and it's 55 and over and half are Canadian (they pay $700 a month for the 6 months they don't live here) so they are away for the summer, and everyone is checked out for background checks, so it's safer here.
Oh, it sounds like a great park -- I just had no idea how much lot rent was at such places.

Quote:
As far as it's not meant to be, you must not have any beliefs in a higher power or karma, that's your prerogative to call it silly.
Quote:
That's the best way to live, it is what it is, It's what's meant to be, we may not know the reason, but it may be for the better, and sometimes when one door closes another one opens up.
Don't mean to digress in your thread TOO much -- my problem with the saying is that it is utterly meaningless, as whatever happens, people just say "Oh it must have been meant to be." If something totally different had happened: "Oh it must have been meant to be." Or something even more totally different: "Oh it must have been meant to be." If a person says that no matter WHAT happens, it's just an utterly meaningless saying. The intellectual side of me (which is most of me) cringes whenever I hear it (has nothing to do with belief/non-belief in a higher power or karma or whatever -- not all religious people believe that whatever happens "must have been meant to be").

Back to the main topic: I see that there's another possible house (from your post tonight) -- hopefully that means the market is opening up some? Best of luck to you in your search!!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Oh, it sounds like a great park -- I just had no idea how much lot rent was at such places.

Back to the main topic: I see that there's another possible house (from your post tonight) -- hopefully that means the market is opening up some? Best of luck to you in your search!!
The park is nice, but my home is small and it's hard to sell here because you have to get the person approved by the community first, and they have rules like an HOA to qualify, but like a worse strict landlord.

Thanks, right now my search is off and only online, I can't look until I sell and am out of here. The guy who was gonna buy my home changed his mind and we were going to proceed this week, and he was tentatively approved after a 2 week wait, notw someone else who was interested before him may still want it, but it's up in the air and back to the drawing board. But yes, I would not buy into a place like this again. the only amazing thing, and what was meant to be, was that I adopted 2 wonderful dogs from the shelter, so behind this mistake is a blessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate