Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is what I thought but is it worth to ruin your name as a realtor (2 x, since both are realtors) for $ 2,000-.
You have missed the last part. That was the part when the man was showing the home and telling about all the "stupid" things they had before. That was even more ridiculous for a realtor to say. I thought you don't want to put in peoples mind how bad it was before, I thought it should be like you have to try to have people believ how great the home is. After the man was showing it and talking about it, you saw the potential buyers look like what is going on. And the worst part was when the female realtor started to cry and say how much she liked the house now and didn't want to sell it anymore....

I have heard there is a great DVD about realtors, called "Escrow". I haven't seen it yet but hear that it is fun to watch.
So I missed the best part.Wife doesn't want to move now hmmmmm.I have watched that show a lot for awhile but stopped after the samething as the above happened. The house is all clean and fixed up and all it cost them was $2,000 I stopped watching that show after that happened a few times. I like house hunters or Buy Me and catch those if I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
So I missed the best part.Wife doesn't want to move now hmmmmm.I have watched that show a lot for awhile but stopped after the samething as the above happened. The house is all clean and fixed up and all it cost them was $2,000 I stopped watching that show after that happened a few times. I like house hunters or Buy Me and catch those if I can.
They probable will rerun this show
The only good thing that can come from this is, get a really good realtor who have the knowledge to give good advise.
I signed a contract on a short sale and the home looks great. I know it is staged (not even a tv down stairs), no pictures, nothing, but it looks so great, you almost want to move in. We were not shown the garage, but on a different occasion we saw the garage and as I expected it, there were a lot of boxes with stuff taken out of the home. The realtor had given advise and it was great. I'm not sure if we get this deal, because the way it looks there will probable be more offers and we are waiting for a really good deal, so we don't make very high offers, just reasonable, but since we expect the market to go down and a short sale can take long, we make an offer on the market gueessing what will be the price in a couple of months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate