Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:20 AM

914 posts, read 1,137,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
The wording is maybe a bit casual but I gotta assume that although the back up house presumably has no foundation issues, it is also smaller and lacking the curb appeal...
On the contrary, the backup home is larger and has more curb sppesl. I may just go with this one instead. It has been sitting on the market for two months with no pending offers, and it already had one major price drop. I have no idea why. No one is living there and it's move in ready with remodeled bathrooms, neutral fresh paint and new carpet and a great backyard. It's a two story home though and not within biking distance to a park. The neighborhood is very nice, but the house with foundation issues is biking distance to a park. We may just get this home instead and hope and pray the inspector doesn't find any major issues as in the last two homes we bid on. This home is also around the same ages as the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twodoor2 View Post
On the contrary, the backup home is larger and has more curb sppesl. I may just go with this one instead. It has been sitting on the market for two months with no pending offers, and it already had one major price drop. I have no idea why. No one is living there and it's move in ready with remodeled bathrooms, neutral fresh paint and new carpet and a great backyard. It's a two story home though and not within biking distance to a park. The neighborhood is very nice, but the house with foundation issues is biking distance to a park. We may just get this home instead and hope and pray the inspector doesn't find any major issues as in the last two homes we bid on. This home is also around the same ages as the other two.
OMG "drive to the park" vs. "foundation problems" = no brainer.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:13 AM

914 posts, read 1,137,910 times
Wmsns4Life,
You're absolutely correct, but after all my back luck, who's to say that this new house doesn't have foundation problems or something else awful. I swear, I'm feeling so cynical now. Until we get an inspector in there, we won't know for sure.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:25 AM

26 posts, read 29,485 times
Hire an experienced real estate agent, or hire any of known real estate agent who can be trustworthy who can guide you on house value on foundation issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate