Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:25 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Any professional property management company will have that as part of the process. I use a platform called buildium, but appfolio is also very popular. Are you trying to do this yourself? I'd say don't, hire a company since you won't be local.
Brandon, Thank you for all your info....but in my OP I explained this is just a room we are renting. We will still be here part of the year. My husband will be here couple times a month.

I didn't mention this but I was a Realtor, in fact you and I have spoken in the past. Long time ago.
I just never rented a room before or handled rentals.

I mentioned further down the thread I possibly found someone. I just need to check her credit/background etc...So all that said, I do not need to pay a company to handle this a rental.
Thank you for all your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 08:17 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
Get your liability levels at maximum on your homeowners insurance policy & get your agent in loop on what you are doing. You need be certain you have adequate and valid insurance coverage for having a renter in your home.

If you are sued for injuries suffered at your residence or have property damage that you are not covered for, it would be unfortunate.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:43 AM

9 posts, read 6,944 times
You should advertise in the hospital. Tell them why it would be beneficial for the doctors and nurses to rent on your property. It would be difficult since what you are trying to do is make your home a boarding house. There will be many complications so i suggest you create a clear agreement. Normally, working people won't opt for this kind of setting. You should try acquiring pre-med students doing their internship on the hospital. They'll be an easier prospect.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 AM

26 posts, read 29,478 times
Good idea go ahead .Also You should have complete understanding of rental laws of place where you are living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate