Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:30 PM

237 posts, read 967,642 times

Advertisements

Hi Casey1996. Im in Massachusetts. When we have had open houses in the past we had not one person show up. Some had only 1 person show up. Brokers Open House had 12 brokers come and thats because we offered $50 gift card to a nice restaurant. Not one of those brokers have brought a buyer yet. I think half of them dont have buyers to bring. My house has been on the market since last April. I just started to get showings this December because I lowered it $50,000. Mindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:34 PM

206 posts, read 1,134,995 times
None of you have anything to complain about... We are on the East Coast of Florida. We've been on the market since July 1. We've had about 4 phone calls ( the number changes every time our agent talks to us ).... ZERO SHOWINGS.... 1 Open House to which there were ZERO GUESTS. We also dropped our price by $20,500 in November. I only wish I could get some to come inside.

Our contract ran out this week, we are shopping for a new agent.

We did get some great new photos last weekend during the open house that we plan to give to our new agent.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:54 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
We are getting on average 2 showings a week. Before dec. it was at least 1 per week.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 AM

473 posts, read 1,737,360 times
Southern Wake County North Carolina - for sale for 50+ days (Christmas lull doesn't really count LOL) We have had a consistent 1-2 showings per week through January so far. We have one couple interested but are still looking around. This past weekend was dead but many said after the Super Bowl things will pick up.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,326 times
Quote:
This past weekend was dead but many said after the Super Bowl things will pick up.
Let's hope. I have heard that too. Super Bowl Sunday officially marks the end of the winter season. I wonder how many wives just can't get their husbands to leave the house to go looking before. Anyway, mid Jan was good, we had a run of about 5 showings within 1 week, after nothing the whole month of December. Last week, there was one on Monday. I am sure hoping for a great start to Feb and hope showings pick up. Oh, I am in Greenville, SC. Liz

Old 02-04-2008, 08:00 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
Southern Wake County North Carolina - for sale for 50+ days (Christmas lull doesn't really count LOL) We have had a consistent 1-2 showings per week through January so far. We have one couple interested but are still looking around. This past weekend was dead but many said after the Super Bowl things will pick up.
Buyers do start coming out more after the super bowl typically, but inventory also starts really cranking up around this time also, so you have to look at it from that perspective also.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Buyers do start coming out more after the super bowl typically, but inventory also starts really cranking up around this time also, so you have to look at it from that perspective also.
CouponJack you always know how to rain on my happy parade LOL I might have to go back to hiding LOL I am kidding witcha!!!

I am just frustrated as many sellers are. We had a house we LOVED and its sold now. We found another house and we are afraid to love it. Its so perfect for us in every way and we fear it will sell too before we do. Just starting to get discouraged. I am SICK and tired of cleaning my house spotless and making all the extras look so great and then they say something stupid like "Oh the pantry isn't in the exact spot I want it in" What is up with that? I hope they find the right pantry.. errr umm house for them.

Don't mind me. I am sort of looking forward to my contract with my real estate agent ending so I can put this all behind me. I pretty much wrote off moving at this point. I love my agent.. she is great.. but if a house can't sell.. its not the agent's fault. Its just the way it is. I have a gorgeous home.. just in the wrong place for us right now. We can manage here.. its not the end of the world.

L

Old 02-04-2008, 08:15 AM

237 posts, read 967,642 times
I can feel everyones frustration in their answers. Boy did we pick a bad time to sell our houses. Its a miracle if you get it sold today!! Mindy

Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy410 View Post
I can feel everyones frustration in their answers. Boy did we pick a bad time to sell our houses. Its a miracle if you get it sold today!! Mindy
Mindy,

The worst thing that really gets me upset is that i have seen some homes that are really not very fortunate looking sell recently. And they aren't too far from my price range and the offers are not lowballed (before anyone brings that up I did my homework) makes me wonder what it is the buyers really want.

L

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
CouponJack you always know how to rain on my happy parade LOL I might have to go back to hiding LOL I am kidding witcha!!!

I am just frustrated as many sellers are. We had a house we LOVED and its sold now. We found another house and we are afraid to love it. Its so perfect for us in every way and we fear it will sell too before we do. Just starting to get discouraged. I am SICK and tired of cleaning my house spotless and making all the extras look so great and then they say something stupid like "Oh the pantry isn't in the exact spot I want it in" What is up with that? I hope they find the right pantry.. errr umm house for them.

Don't mind me. I am sort of looking forward to my contract with my real estate agent ending so I can put this all behind me. I pretty much wrote off moving at this point. I love my agent.. she is great.. but if a house can't sell.. its not the agent's fault. Its just the way it is. I have a gorgeous home.. just in the wrong place for us right now. We can manage here.. its not the end of the world.

L
your frustrations are filling right in line with mine. The bad thing is at work, I can move the pantry for them lol but at home, its where it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate