Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 08:23 AM

3 posts, read 6,559 times

Advertisements

My buyer put an offer on a home & the listing agent said she didn't know the seller was negotiating & accepted an offer w another buyer ??? Odd. Anyway, my buyer offered $2,000 more. Has no property to sell, would work w the sellers closing date & has super credit. Then I saw that the offer that was accepted was only. HC24, so I told my client to offer more which the seller did not accept. Her client countered with "full price". Seller has only lived in home 6 mos & has to relocate to be w her son, her asking may be a little high. My buyer said "No" to full price 10 days ago & has now changed his mind (can't find anything else) & wants to now offer full price. Home is still listed as HC24. If seller does accept his offer would he have to pay the seller or her buyer for home inspection or anything else that might have already occurred or is that just the chance a HC24-72 buyer has to take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 09:01 AM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Ask your BIC or managing broker.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:25 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,305,210 times
My MLS doesn't use whatever code you are talking about; is it a home sale contingency? If so, no your buyer doesn't have to reimburse anyone for anything. Yes, that is the chance someone with a contingent offer takes (and lots of times there is no inspection until the contingency is removed). Is this property listed by a team? That could explain the initial offer confusion. I agree with talking with your branch manager; sounds like you might need a little help.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Home closing contingency

Thx! It's a home closing contingency - doesn't close until Jan 15 or so - which is kinda long for these units, & it's already been 2 wks since it went on the market. Many of them go for cash with quick closings. IL has HC24, 48 or 72 - they have accepted a contract but if another offer comes in the seller can accept it & the 1st buyer has one of those time periods to remove the contingency (if it falls over the weekend - those are not considered business days). Seems odd a person would accept a HC when they know they had been presented a "clean" offer. Don't think the realtor is too skilled in negotiating w her client.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Home Sale is different - HS 24,48 or 72 - your home is listed, ut not under contract. A weaker contract, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate