Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 11:16 AM

455 posts, read 388,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodoor2 View Post
I know this has probably been discussed in this forum before, but I can't find the specific thread. It's just a pet peeve, and how does a realtor expect to get a sale when the photos don't show much because they're so poor. I suspect this is probably a nice house, but you can barely see a thing, not to mention the shades are drawn, there's no lighting on, and the sad thing is that the owner appears to have made an attempt to stage it properly.

3835 Medford Cir, Northbrook, IL 60062 | Zillow
You are right, the pics are awful and definitely not done professionally. I have seen both in my day (good and bad pics). 1) bad realtor who is too cheap to have it professionally done (possibly the owner is on the cheap and struck a deal with the realtor to reduce fees). 2) It may also be possible that the homes are selling so fast that a picture is moot. Where I live now they have multiple offers before the pics are even posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 11:16 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
At least turn on all the lights when taking pictures.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:55 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I've seen it makes a huge difference in the amount of traffic your listing gets both on the web and in person.
I guess if I were to take the cynical point of view (who me?), I might also consider that the agent doesn't particularly want other agents bringing buyers in the hope that he/she might get both sides through other means.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:04 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Some real estate agents need to step away from the cell phone camera . . .

These aren't horrible -- I've seen much, much worse -- but they are probably not showing the house at it's best, either.

Or maybe it is . . . you never know. :-) There's so much clutter that even a professional photographer would have been challenged to make it look spacious.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:16 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Garbage

I love the Berkshire Hathaway watermarking.
Warren would be proud. Not!

Old 11-11-2015, 12:51 PM

884 posts, read 1,171,856 times
I've seen way worse ones, blurry, sideways, zoom-ins of random stuff like the toilet (seriously) or half the faucet...these aren't that great either though because it's so dark!

Old 11-11-2015, 02:34 PM

914 posts, read 1,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Because the REA was too cheap to hire a professional, and the seller doesn't care enough to make them.
Maybe the seller isn't aware that realtors can take professional photos. I know I wasn't aware of this when I hired my realtor. I saw that the pics looked good in her listing, but I didn't realize that was the result of professional photography.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:35 PM

914 posts, read 1,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayennev8 View Post
You are right, the pics are awful and definitely not done professionally. I have seen both in my day (good and bad pics). 1) bad realtor who is too cheap to have it professionally done (possibly the owner is on the cheap and struck a deal with the realtor to reduce fees). 2) It may also be possible that the homes are selling so fast that a picture is moot. Where I live now they have multiple offers before the pics are even posted.
In this area, homes sell, but not like that. Professional pics would have helped. I think the kitchen looks nice/newer in those pics, but I can't tell for sure. The photo just doesn't do it justice.

Before I listed my house, I fixed it up to the max, and then used a cheap point and shoot to take pics just to get an idea how they would look in a listing. My photos were way better than this realtor's, who should really know better. The front of the house photo is awful, and the sides of the house are cut off? WTH???

I thought my photos were great, until the professional photographer took new ones.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:55 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,401,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
I've seen way worse ones, blurry, sideways, zoom-ins of random stuff like the toilet (seriously) or half the faucet...these aren't that great either though because it's so dark!
I remember seeing a listing for a condominium where the first picture, the one that popped up with the listing, was a close up of the toilet. I figured there had to be some kind of subliminal message there, but it was so obscure, I just couldn't figure it out.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:58 PM

566 posts, read 592,701 times
I had done due diligence and hired an ambitious Realtor with a great track record who has sold more houses and brought printed sales sheets from all home sales in the past three months of all local realty companies. Was I impressed? You bet.
She drooled over the house. Her enthusiasm was through the roof
She said the photos would be beautiful. The house is staged.

The written information in the ad was brief, bland, monotonous.
The photos were artificially stretched so 7 stairs looked like a 30 foot drop.
When coming by to take the photos she stopped the car halfway down the driveway, lifting the camera over the car door with trees blocking the view and took the shot. Had she walked the few paces to the front of the car the trees would not have intruded.

I have called the secretary to rewrite the ad. We created a sunnier one together. I sent the Realtor some great crisp photos asking for a swap.
Nothing has changed thus far... over a week later. I'm trying really hard to stay cool and face the fact that she is about quantity not quality, and I'm old news.

We are going to have to wait out the remaining 5 months and 1 week of our contract.
Please don't blame me for thinking about "Make Me Move" on Zillow when the contract runs out.
It sounds pretty enticing at the moment.

So, in the grand scheme of things, the photos the OP shared has a familiar ring of irresponsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate