Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 01:32 PM

10,940 posts, read 21,914,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
It sounds awfully similar to someone owning common stock in a company. Just because I own some stock does not mean that I get to dictate in any sort of meaningful manner how the company is ran. If I owned enough stock I might get a vote but that does not mean I am sitting in a throne dictating which is how some of the realtors on here act.

If a brokerage that is "part owner" wants to post homes for a flat fee they can. Sure you can put in your anti competitive vote so that the company is at risk of anti trust but why would they risk their company because you want to corner the market to artificially preserve your bill rate?
Honestly, I don't even get this post? It's previously been explained by Silverfall quite well. Brokerages are free to work under any model they choose as long as it complies to state lawes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
If they dident (show the home) they may run afoul of anti trust and anti competitive behavior. If it happens once or twice no one will notice but if a brokerage starts making a habit of it and people notice and can document it then they are putting their business at risk.
Agents don't have to work with someone. If they don't want to show the home they don't have to as long as they aren't violating an agency agreement.

It's not how I would handle it, but that's the beauty of RE is there are many agents working many different ways. You are mad the agent wouldn't show it. Earlier you were mad that I would show but that I'd disclose to the buyer ahead of time they may owe some commission. Basically, what you want is the agent to work for free or next to free? Is that it?

Old 12-28-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
This is one of the many reasons there is a distrust of realtors. your intellectual honesty should be independent of money. When I read posts like this I have to wonder if the majority of buyers are just dense dolts who wander around with drwel dripping out of there mouths, can they seriously not see the issues themselves?
You're a first time buyer if I recall from the other thread. Come back after you gain a little experience and perspective and let me know if you still feel the same way. Better yet, perhaps since it's so easy just go get your license and receive a commission on your purchase!

Old 12-28-2015, 01:44 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,091,275 times
What is the experience requirements? That is typically what burns me on these kinds of things is that state requires you to punch a clock for some period of time, you cant just study and go take an exam.

I was going to do this for an air craft mechanics cert but the FAA has to approve you to take the exam and they base it on punching a clock. Most peoples day to day jobs are not the most complex aspects of the profession anyways yet the state places heavy emphasis on it.

I also wanted to get my surveyors license because the outfit I got a quote from wanted to fleece me but again I could not just go take an exam and do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
You're a first time buyer if I recall from the other thread. Come back after you gain a little experience and perspective and let me know if you still feel the same way. Better yet, perhaps since it's so easy just go get your license and receive a commission on your purchase!

Old 12-28-2015, 03:48 PM

89 posts, read 115,755 times
Quote:
What is the experience requirements? That is typically what burns me on these kinds of things is that state requires you to punch a clock for some period of time, you cant just study and go take an exam.

I was going to do this for an air craft mechanics cert but the FAA has to approve you to take the exam and they base it on punching a clock. Most peoples day to day jobs are not the most complex aspects of the profession anyways yet the state places heavy emphasis on it.

I also wanted to get my surveyors license because the outfit I got a quote from wanted to fleece me but again I could not just go take an exam and do it myself.
Oh dear, aircraft mechanic not like it's rocket science. Lol

Old 12-28-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:

So the state got in the way of you becoming a surveyor, an air craft mechanic, and possibly a real estate agent now? Oh dear...silly licensing restrictions.

I don't know what your state requires nor will I take the time to research if for you. Visit your state LLR or call a RE school.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:07 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,091,275 times
Its not

Quote:
Originally Posted by TosaJoe View Post
Oh dear, aircraft mechanic not like it's rocket science. Lol

Old 12-28-2015, 07:35 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
I was going to be an MD but someone said I have to go to school and be trained. Silly rules.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:10 PM

8,563 posts, read 12,339,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I was going to be an MD but someone said I have to go to school and be trained. Silly rules.
You should be a troll on CD. No education required!

Old 12-28-2015, 08:14 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
I am reminded of the old saw attributed to Mark Twain about arguing with certain folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate