Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 03:33 PM

991 posts, read 1,519,148 times

Advertisements

I want to thank a number of you experts that took the time to help me sell my FSBO. It's been a challenge, but in the end (with your guidance) I was able to do it. A number of you took your time to answer questions and offer guidance and support by private messages.

I close in about 10 days, all contingencies were removed a while back and it's a cash deal...so no worries.

FSBO is not for all people, buy I have an unique farm property that agents just couldn't "tour" well. I did initially have a wonderful agent that passed, she was irreplaceable. She knew "farm property" none of the other agents hired did.

For all the folks wanting to try a FSBO, listen to the "positive" input from the team here. There will be some naysayers...just ignore them.

DO get great photos, do all your research on your property and be ready to supply information on permits, well logs, septic systems, zoning, plot maps, taxes, schools, local amenities, etc. Basically have your $hit together. Be professional.

IF you are not a natural salesman don't go it alone, hire a PRO.

Keep up with all the local listings, spending 8-12 hours a week so you know what the competition is. Call local agents that have similar listings and let them know about your property. Put your property on the MLS w/ a flat fee broker. Use Zillow to you advantage. Use YouTube, there are free tools to put together a tour online.

It's been a long road, but in the end a success thanks to the supportive group on this forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 03:46 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
And, one more tip:

Don't be Leon Lett.
Cross the goal line before you celebrate!

IOW, have money in the bank before you call it S-O-L-D.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And, one more tip:

Don't be Leon Lett.
Cross the goal line before you celebrate!

IOW, have money in the bank before you call it S-O-L-D.
You are right but considering the guy spent about $12k on inspections and has interest in an adjacent property, I think it should close...but you are right it's not done until the fat lady sings!

Old 12-24-2015, 04:38 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times

It's a little ritual, a superstition, you might say.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:22 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Now all you need to worry about is potentially hefty capital gains taxes. But hopefully that will be for next year.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Now all you need to worry about is potentially hefty capital gains taxes. But hopefully that will be for next year.
Hah, wishful thinking! I did a lot of improvements.

My next worry is to find a new home, in the meantime a friend has offered up a cottage and room for the livestock. Everything goes into storage, which is no small task w/ a farm.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:41 AM

683 posts, read 464,254 times
So, a person CAN? get a house listed on MLS if they don't use a broker? I thought that wasn't possible. Can you explain? Thanks!

Old 12-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
So, a person CAN? get a house listed on MLS if they don't use a broker? I thought that wasn't possible. Can you explain? Thanks!
Yes there are flat fee brokers that put the listing on the MLS. You fill out information forms and provide the photos. They run around $300 / 6 month listing. Silverfall kindly reached out to me and lined my up with a local flat fee broker.

All they do is put it on the MLS, you do the selling / showing. I also used the flat fee broker to review the offer that came in at an additional charge. A two hour minimum was $350, well worth it to be advised on a contract.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray horse View Post
Yes there are flat fee brokers that put the listing on the MLS. You fill out information forms and provide the photos. They run around $300 / 6 month listing. Silverfall kindly reached out to me and lined my up with a local flat fee broker.

All they do is put it on the MLS, you do the selling / showing. I also used the flat fee broker to review the offer that came in at an additional charge. A two hour minimum was $350, well worth it to be advised on a contract.
* Very state specific. Not available in Colorado.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:20 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,395,872 times
I'm glad to hear that you're under contract. You'll feel even better once you close...or at least relieved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate