Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 03:14 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,719,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"Yes, I expect to be on the market that long because I have a stubborn husband who won't budge on price, but that's another topic."

That's a problem! Good luck.
This certainly does get into interpersonal/relationship/marital issues that are beyond the scope of this thread. But damn, if I had a husband who was an unreasonable and unwilling participant in the endeavor of selling a house, I'd certainly plan accordingly. I'd plan on the house not selling and would only put up with having the house on the market in show-worthy condition for so long. If the kids and family are not a priority to the husband, alternatives need to be explored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 03:12 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,314,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller7 View Post
We've had our house on the market for three months. We've had about 15 showings. Our price is right.
If you've been on the market 90 days with 15 showings and no offer you're not priced right

Old 02-17-2016, 10:20 AM

12 posts, read 16,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"Yes, I expect to be on the market that long because I have a stubborn husband who won't budge on price, but that's another topic."

That's a problem! Good luck.
Update: He's budging! We're dropping the price tomorrow to where I wanted it to begin with. Happy wife, happy life! We've tested the waters for two weeks at market value and no offers after 5 showings. We do live in a small town with a 95 days on market average. Hopefully this works!

Old 06-10-2016, 06:16 PM

525 posts, read 659,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isellpower View Post
It's crazy that people with 2 dogs and cat can ever claim their home is "show ready." It's impossible to get the stench of animals out of a home no matter what you do. Hygienic home or pets, pick one.

Also, what's with all the whining about cleaning for showings? We listed our 5/6 4700sq ft. home near Seattle about a month ago. I work and my wife stays home with the 4 kids. She asks for a 2 hour notice before a showing and gets the house and kids ready all by herself. It sold after 4 showings and she never had an issue. Part of that is no filthy animals in the home to worry about and the fact that she's not a lazy drama queen.

Many of you will argue that your feces eating angels don't make your house a haven for bacteria are living in a dream world. Cats stomp around in their own mess then walk all over your furniture. Dogs do the same thing then add in slobber and accidents and you have a disgusting mess. Anyone without pets will tell you that they can smell the difference once they walk into a home with pets.
Same for kids. I can smell a diaper pail from 2 rooms away. And don't get me started on what they can do as far as germs.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:36 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Quote:
It's crazy that people with 2 dogs and cat can ever claim their home is "show ready." It's impossible to get the stench of animals out of a home no matter what you do. Hygienic home or pets, pick one.

Also, what's with all the whining about cleaning for showings? We listed our 5/6 4700sq ft. home near Seattle about a month ago. I work and my wife stays home with the 4 kids. She asks for a 2 hour notice before a showing and gets the house and kids ready all by herself. It sold after 4 showings and she never had an issue. Part of that is no filthy animals in the home to worry about and the fact that she's not a lazy drama queen.

Many of you will argue that your feces eating angels don't make your house a haven for bacteria are living in a dream world. Cats stomp around in their own mess then walk all over your furniture. Dogs do the same thing then add in slobber and accidents and you have a disgusting mess. Anyone without pets will tell you that they can smell the difference once they walk into a home with pets.
Okay, we get it. You don't like pets. Next?

Old 06-10-2016, 06:37 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaireSolstice View Post
Same for kids. I can smell a diaper pail from 2 rooms away. And don't get me started on what they can do as far as germs.
^^^ This!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:02 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
Quote:

We have 4 large dogs and 2 cats. Our house sold in less than 24 hours of listing it. Fortunately, there are more people like our buyer and less people like you when it comes to animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate