Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 11:38 AM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times

Advertisements

Are there any "visitor's" parking spaces that could be used or reserved for a school bus stop ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 11:40 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,157,843 times
My house growing up was on a busy intersection in the morning. I was a few houses from train station on a corner plot. Actually it was only really busy in front of house from 6:30 to 8:30am in morning.

The bus stop in front of my house kids would stand in bottom of my driveway and sit on retaining wall. Only safe place to stand. My Mom could have went out every morning and started trouble. But it was only safe place. A few years later bus stopped moved up block.

We did have a sidewalk. But with no parking on block, cars shot down block at 30-50 mph for train and cars would whiz by two or three feet from sidewalk at any moment a car could end up on sidewalk.

Considering in my ten years living in the house I saw two car crashes at that corner. Both times cars ended up on sidewalk. Once in a blue moon we had some gum wrappers in driveway from kids. I guess that is worth a kids life to keep me from picking up a gum wrapper once a month.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:19 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
We lived in a neighborhood similar to what you described (no HOA) however there were no sidewalks. The kids stood on the property. Perhaps it was because we were a kid heavy neighborhood, but no one minded the kids hung out on the property when getting picked up.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We lived in a neighborhood similar to what you described (no HOA) however there were no sidewalks. The kids stood on the property. Perhaps it was because we were a kid heavy neighborhood, but no one minded the kids hung out on the property when getting picked up.
Yep, we lived in a neighborhood like that too. No sidewalks, lots of kids, and we had a lax HOA. But no one ever complained about the kids standing on "their" grass while waiting for the bus. We put a garden bench up at "our" stop so the kids would have a place to sit.

I actually doubt, in most jurisdictions, one can prevent kids from standing at an assigned bus stop and force them to stand in the road.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:38 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Yep, we lived in a neighborhood like that too. No sidewalks, lots of kids, and we had a lax HOA. But no one ever complained about the kids standing on "their" grass while waiting for the bus. We put a garden bench up at "our" stop so the kids would have a place to sit.

I actually doubt, in most jurisdictions, one can prevent kids from standing at an assigned bus stop and force them to stand in the road.
That was very kind of you.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,006 times
Hang out on the property -- standing in the street is just asking for trouble, especially with distracted driving being such an issue. Heck, even a school bus might not see a kid until it was too late, in the dark.

Goodness, it's only for 5 or 10 minutes in the morning -- who could possibly get torqued at that? Just make sure the kids don't thoughtlessly leave trash behind, like candy wrappers, etc.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:55 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
That was very kind of you.
Thank you!

We definitely had some gum wrapper/candy litter, but that's so very minor in the big scheme of things haha! Maybe we should have put a trash bin up there too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate