Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,679,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Firstly Mumof2 yes please can you order me a nice red one !!! lol
Yes I am on my 3rd Realtor as we live in a manned gated community we do not have drive by traffic. The last two were not advertising it only MLS, this one is doing her job. If you look at the comps (if you are familiar with this area)you will see as we have that it is priced below or the same as those in our area. No I am not prepared to take $30000 below list price as I stated earlier I am not a registered charity.As we all know the last 3 months of last year were difficult for the economy so we are prepared to sit it out would rather do that than give it away.
Millie, I hate to keep saying this, but you along w/many sellers is that you look through things only through your eyes w/o looking at the big picture what's going on around you.

MLS or not, don't you think there's a problem when you don't get an offer for 7 months? Lousy realtor or not, as you and others say, you are in a "hot" and or "appreciating" market, so you should've had zero problems getting offers, correct?

So, what could be the problem?

Either there's something extremely wrong with your house (which i don't suspect there is)

OR

You are grossly overpriced and expect too much $$ for your taj mahal. <- That is what I suspect the problem is.

When you make statements about an offer that is 10% below your list price as "registered charity" then I know you have a problem. You are one of those sellers who unfortunately have the blinders on and think your house is worth more than it really is.
Take a moment and try to look at your situation from someone from the outside. If I told you that I knew someone who had their house for sale w/no bites, then 7 months after its listed, a reasonable offer came in, however the seller dismissed it as "registered charity", what would you think of that seller? Pretty stubborn and not getting it in terms of what's going on in Real Estate, right?

The truth unfortunatly hurts alot of times. People get extremely defensive and emotional when people tell them stuff they don't want to hear. They look for every excuse in the book, but what do you think this all comes down to? Price.

I wish you the best.

Remember, there is an offer on the table and as the old saying goes, "your first offer is usually the best". good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,599,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Millie, I hate to keep saying this, but you along w/many sellers is that you look through things only through your eyes w/o looking at the big picture what's going on around you.

MLS or not, don't you think there's a problem when you don't get an offer for 7 months? Lousy realtor or not, as you and others say, you are in a "hot" and or "appreciating" market, so you should've had zero problems getting offers, correct?

So, what could be the problem?

Either there's something extremely wrong with your house (which i don't suspect there is)

OR

You are grossly overpriced and expect too much $$ for your taj mahal. <- That is what I suspect the problem is.

When you make statements about an offer that is 10% below your list price as "registered charity" then I know you have a problem. You are one of those sellers who unfortunately have the blinders on and think your house is worth more than it really is.
Take a moment and try to look at your situation from someone from the outside. If I told you that I knew someone who had their house for sale w/no bites, then 7 months after its listed, a reasonable offer came in, however the seller dismissed it as "registered charity", what would you think of that seller? Pretty stubborn and not getting it in terms of what's going on in Real Estate, right?

The truth unfortunatly hurts alot of times. People get extremely defensive and emotional when people tell them stuff they don't want to hear. They look for every excuse in the book, but what do you think this all comes down to? Price.

I wish you the best.

Remember, there is an offer on the table and as the old saying goes, "your first offer is usually the best". good luck.
No I am not wearing blinkers or being stubborn just listening to the advise of my realtor and several other realtors. Have bought and sold numerous houses all over the world and never had this problem before. Maybe you should consider the fact that it is just the way the market has been for the last few months not that my house is overpriced.
I do get the point you are trying to get across but unfortunately it does not apply to me my house or the area that I live in.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:43 PM

18 posts, read 66,847 times
Your sad tale is but one more reason why I enjoy being a listing agent.

Seriously, I always consider a second, third or fourth showing a very good sign! The market is definitely picking up. I will shortly have my second property in a month with multiple offers.

Don't beleive the doomsayers, just pass them the Kool Aid.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:46 PM

18 posts, read 66,847 times
A drop of vanilla extract on a lamp in the kitchen will provide the same homey "atmoshpere" (and costs much less).

Old 02-16-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Secor View Post
Your sad tale is but one more reason why I enjoy being a listing agent.

Seriously, I always consider a second, third or fourth showing a very good sign! The market is definitely picking up. I will shortly have my second property in a month with multiple offers.

Don't beleive the doomsayers, just pass them the Kool Aid.
Oh, so you're another person who instead of arguing the facts, you resort to dropping names (ie "doomsayers")

Obv you didn't read her entire history.

She's been on the market since last May. She's had 1 reasonable offer in 7 months and turned it down. I suggested her house is not worth what she thinks it is, because what the market is telling her.

But I'M wrong and a "doomsayer"

You decide who's wrong here.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,841 times
Why don't we just wish Millie the best of luck...she knows her home and neighborhood better than any of us do..everybody sells for different reasons, not everyone is desperate...take us for example...we 'need' to sell, we don't 'have' to sell. We have been in situation before when we HAD to sell..it's not a good situation. Hopefully Millie's buyers will pony up and be reasonable, and that goes on her end too.

Best of luck Millie!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:17 AM

Thanks Dogmum -good luck to you too

Old 02-16-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Why don't we just wish Millie the best of luck...she knows her home and neighborhood better than any of us do..everybody sells for different reasons, not everyone is desperate...take us for example...we 'need' to sell, we don't 'have' to sell. We have been in situation before when we HAD to sell..it's not a good situation. Hopefully Millie's buyers will pony up and be reasonable, and that goes on her end too.

Best of luck Millie!
I'm just trying to help her, that's all. She started this lunacy when she said she wasn't going to entertain a "charity offer". I was responding to this silly and arrogant statement. Plus you don't have to live in a neighborhood to have an opinion. everyone on C/D comments on different parts of the country.

I'm sure when she put her home on the market back in May, if she knew then what she know's now, she would've priced it differently. I don't think anyone wants their home to sit on the market for 7 months.

Again, where is it listed and why is it the buyer's fault for not being "reasonable"??? You're implying for them to pay more than what the house is worth. Why should a buyer "raise" their price just to satisfy a seller who has a false impression thinking what their house is worth? If she's got no offers for 7 months, what's the problem? Can someone please answer this direct question that most are avoiding??

She (the seller) is being more "unreasonable" for not understanding the value of her home.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:07 AM

Scott which area do you work Real estate ???

Old 02-16-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I'm just trying to help her, that's all. She started this lunacy when she said she wasn't going to entertain a "charity offer". I was responding to this silly and arrogant statement. Plus you don't have to live in a neighborhood to have an opinion. everyone on C/D comments on different parts of the country.

I'm sure when she put her home on the market back in May, if she knew then what she know's now, she would've priced it differently. I don't think anyone wants their home to sit on the market for 7 months.

Again, where is it listed and why is it the buyer's fault for not being "reasonable"??? You're implying for them to pay more than what the house is worth. Why should a buyer "raise" their price just to satisfy a seller who has a false impression thinking what their house is worth? If she's got no offers for 7 months, what's the problem? Can someone please answer this direct question that most are avoiding??

She (the seller) is being more "unreasonable" for not understanding the value of her home.
Are you a Realtor ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate