Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 12:15 PM

17 posts, read 16,540 times

Advertisements

We gave full asking price on the house with help towards closing costs. We know this is a very strong offer. The property has only been on market a few days and meets our needs. Our agent called us last night saying someone else was going to put in an offer and asked if we wanted to up our offer! We said no and thought it was a great offer. They have until Tuesday to reply but agent said she will have an answer todsy, nerve wrecking to say the least. We did not want to get into a bidding war with iurselves. We know the property has had a lot of interest by the amount viewing it. It is not too far from where we live now and each time we drove past it was getting viewed, well most times 😊 Should we of made a higher offer and how does she know she will get a reply today? Surely they would use the 3 days they have to reply. Sorry for rambling, this is as I said nerve wrecking, we are prepared to walk if necessary but we do like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 12:31 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Do whatever you will live with for the rest of your life.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:43 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,120 times
Why ask for help on closing costs? That weakens your offer and, to be honest, as a seller it would really annoy me.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
Why ask for help on closing costs? That weakens your offer and, to be honest, as a seller it would really annoy me.
Agent advised this and said it was common. We don't really need the help with closing costs but like I said she told us this was acceptable. We did offer full asking price! So not trying to offend them.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:56 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Then remove the closing costs contingency and give them 12 hours to respond.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Then remove the closing costs contingency and give them 12 hours to respond.
Will talk with the husband.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:23 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Your agent is not the brightest bulb in the room.
I agree with "Why ask for help on closing costs? That weakens your offer and, to be honest, as a seller it would really annoy me."

Old 01-31-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Your agent is not the brightest bulb in the room.
I agree with "Why ask for help on closing costs? That weakens your offer and, to be honest, as a seller it would really annoy me."
I will tell her you said that Lol! She said to offer less or ask for help with closing costs. We offered full asking price, so not trying to screw anyone over. Like I said she said this was how it works. You being a seller would be annoyed and I get that.
Thanks.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie231 View Post
I will tell her you said that Lol! She said to offer less or ask for help with closing costs. We offered full asking price, so not trying to screw anyone over. Like I said she said this was how it works. You being a seller would be annoyed and I get that.
Thanks.
Will see if they counter.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:37 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,806,338 times
There are multiple offers, you're at asking price, AND you asked for closing costs? You will not win. By asking for closing costs, you are netting the sellers BELOW asking price. That is not a strong offer if you were in my market.

You need to offer them something that when you see the closing price, you won't say to yourself or outloud, "I would have paid that price for that house!" If you say that with any other price above the price you offered, you offered too low, in multiple offer situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate