Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:47 AM

72 posts, read 76,518 times

Advertisements

What do you make of this?

His KS license # is different from his MO one. Other differences -- current in MO and revoked in KS. Was a 'salesperson' in KS. Is a 'salesperson/broker' in MO.

Here are the two to compare and contrast:

For the state of KS:

Licensee Information
License Number: SP00050314
Name: STRONG , JOHN
License Type: Salesperson
License Status: Revoked
License Expiration Date: N/A
Current License Issued:
May 14 2003

A date of Jan 1, 1974 is used as a default date. Contact KREC for the actual origination date.

License Restriction:
NONE

For more information contact KREC for a complete history.

Disciplinary Action:
YES

Minor infractions resulting in a fine are not reported. Contact KREC for a complete history.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Now for the state of MO:

Licensee Name: Strong, John R
Profession: Broker Salesperson
Address:
Address Con't:
City, State Zip: Harrisonville, MO 64701
County: Cass
Licensee Number: 1999028909
Expiration Date: 6/30/2016
Discipline information is not being listed for this profession. You may contact the board directly to obtain discipline information.

Relationship Information

Name: Mid-America Referral Network Inc
Relationship Type: Professional Affiliation
License Number: 000003913
Profession: Real Estate Corporation
Expiration Date: 6/30/2016
City: Leawood
State: KS
Zip: 66211
Detail: Detail
No CE information available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,408,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Maybe you should have your attorney call the state office so that he can inquire whether they might prosecute him for continuing to work as an agent. I'm not sure if your state office has jurisdiction over someone who is no longer licensed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
It is against state laws in all states, for an unlicensed person to pose as a licensed agent/broker. Once his license was revoked, he was no longer licensed.
True, I know of no state where it is not illegal to pose or work as a real estate agent without a license, but not all states enable their state departments to sanction or penalize unlicensed persons. As only one example, in Michigan, the Department of Licensing and Regulation has no authority over an unlicensed person--only over those who are currently licensed by the department. In order to deal with an unlicensed person, prosecution of illegal activity has to go through other channels.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:05 AM

Yes, I will report John Strong. But, the bigger question for me - is can I get money via a lawsuit for damages caused to me by his fraud? This is what my attorney is looking into.

Stop him. Shut him down. Of course. SURE.

BUT, can I make money via a CIVIL lawsuit against Strong? Has anybody following this thread ever heard of a 'victim' recovering damages from the defrauder? Can I make money if I pursue a lawsuit against Strong? Have any of you ever heard of that happening? Thank you.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:26 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,408,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Yes, I will report John Strong. But, the bigger question for me - is can I get money via a lawsuit for damages caused to me by his fraud? This is what my attorney is looking into.

Stop him. Shut him down. Of course. SURE.

BUT, can I make money via a CIVIL lawsuit against Strong? Has anybody following this thread ever heard of a 'victim' recovering damages from the defrauder? Can I make money if I pursue a lawsuit against Strong? Have any of you ever heard of that happening? Thank you.
It may be possible...but, in all likelihood, you'd probably spend more than you'd ever hope to collect. Simply winning a lawsuit doesn't get you money.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:40 AM

Understood Jack. Thank you.

What about this? I have a business proposition for Strong.

"Hey John. I know this whole deal was fraudulent from the day I sign. I have recorded voice mails and over 100 emails and dotloop contracts to prove all of this. How about this - send me $10 grand via a cashier's check (for damages - lost market time, an unnecessary 5 hour round trip for a 'closing', etc) by such and such date or I will be visiting with the attorney general about my concerns?"

How does that sound? It sounds like black-mail. Whatever. I just want my MONEY back that he took in the way of time my property was off market and various other things. And, suppose he pays me. I can still report him to the realtor boards... and they will in turn do what they have to do . . . which very well may mean they contact the AG...

Your thoughts?

I want some MONEY for all the time this guy has cost me. The question is -- can I get any AND if so -- HOW?

My attorney is honest (believe you me - - I have had JERK attorneys before - so I know the difference). He would be the FIRST one to tell me if there is no money for me to make with this.

Thanks again.

PS: I can't remember - - did I already mentioned on this thread about my brother's missing safes?

Old 03-06-2016, 01:31 PM

117 posts, read 129,769 times
I've kind of half-followed this thread - here's a few things that jump out:

1. You're willing to get "whatever" for these homes and have stated as much repeatedly. This pretty much negates a "diminished value" claim for the lost opportunity that the real estate agent presented.

2. You chose to not collect earnest money. The purpose of which is to compensate for lost time and hassle if the deal fell through. Effectively, you've already said your time and aggravation wasn't worth any real compensation.

3. If the second realtor's information you've now published in a public venue is unrelated to the first, or perhaps not that person altogether, you're now guilty of defamation of character via a libelous statement.

4. It's time to cut bait. File a complaint with the state licensing agency and that's about all you have.

Sucks, but next time you're not well versed in a transaction, get some professional assistance earlier than later.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
I've kind of half-followed this thread - here's a few things that jump out:

1. You're willing to get "whatever" for these homes and have stated as much repeatedly. This pretty much negates a "diminished value" claim for the lost opportunity that the real estate agent presented.

^^^ I would not give them away. Do I want to get rid of them 'quickly'? YES. Does that mean that I would sell them both for 100 bucks? No. The lowest I would go would be $40K for both of them. That might not be much money to most of your on this forum . . . but it is to me. I am disabled and live off of a fixed income. I am divorced and have three daughters all under the age of 13 that I help take care of. I need the money. However, holding on to the properties for a year or two . . . in hopes of possibly getting $60K or $70K out of them is not an option. The insurance, taxes, utilities, upkeep, etc will 'kill me' financially. Additionally, both homes are vacate and I hear that that is not a good thing for many reasons. These things being the case - I do not agree with your first point.

2. You chose to not collect earnest money. The purpose of which is to compensate for lost time and hassle if the deal fell through. Effectively, you've already said your time and aggravation wasn't worth any real compensation.

^^^ I was dumb and over-eager to sale. At first I had a $2K earnest. Then the contract had to be re-written and it got changed to $1K. I asked why. He told me some silly bull. And because I was over-eager to sale -- I figured wrongly, 'OK. Whatever. Keep it going. I don't want to lose this 'buyer'. Repeat 3 weeks later with the earnest finally being made zero . . . and me having the same stupid argument on this point as previously stated. This being the case, I do not agree with this point either.

3. If the second realtor's information you've now published in a public venue is unrelated to the first, or perhaps not that person altogether, you're now guilty of defamation of character via a libelous statement.

^^^ I don't understand what you are saying. Please say it again in a bit different manner. Thank you. I have been nothing but honest. Even trying to 'protect' the guilty until I was told on this forum on this thread, that I don't need to do that IF what I am 'saying' is the truth. Which it is.

4. It's time to cut bait. File a complaint with the state licensing agency and that's about all you have.

^^^ You are probably right. I'm waiting for my attorney to tell me your fourth point.

Sucks, but next time you're not well versed in a transaction, get some professional assistance earlier than later.
^^^ Hey, I made a mistake. It happens. I am not stupid. I have learned from this. If you can clear up your third point for me, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:33 PM

117 posts, read 129,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
^^^ Hey, I made a mistake. It happens. I am not stupid. I have learned from this. If you can clear up your third point for me, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
There are multiple realtors with that same name that you've just published defamatory comments about all over the place in a public forum that is highly searchable.

1. Are you certain that you were indeed dealing with this exact individual?
2. Are you positive that you've linked to the appropriate person's information?

While "the truth is the best defense" - you may be publishing the truth that you see, but not actually accurate information. Should the realtor who's license you've now published and linked to a sordid tale choose to take action (and they weren't actually involved) you might find yourself liable. Considering that a realtors reputation is about all they have, that trigger might be pulled quicker than you would think.

As for points 1 and 2. Whether or not you agree isnt really that important - just that you know others will see it that way too.

I get it, I'd be trying to unload those houses as fast as possible. Hopefully, the new realtor you're working with has somebody looking for some quick flips or investment properties.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
There are multiple realtors with that same name that you've just published defamatory comments about all over the place in a public forum that is highly searchable.

^^^ The MO licence stuff came from the license number that 'John Strong' gave me.

1. Are you certain that you were indeed dealing with this exact individual?

^^^ No. I did not do a DNA sample. But I have over 100 emails and about 10 recorded voice mails. I'm pretty sure it is HIM. How would one make sure that they were dealing 'with this exact individual?' Maybe a good starting point would be for me to talk with Reece/Nichols since 'John Strong' was working through them. With one of their programs and one of their agents.

^^^ The 'John Strong' I have thought I have been working with is Mr. Invisible. Didn't show up at the closing. Has no mailing address. Works through R/N. I have emailed him several questions that he never bothered to answer. Stuff that whoever this person is - is hiding.

2. Are you positive that you've linked to the appropriate person's information?

^^^ No. I am not positive. How can anyone be positive?

While "the truth is the best defense" - you may be publishing the truth that you see, but not actually accurate information.

^^^ Yes, that is within the realm of possibilities. However, with so much 'evidence', I find it hard to believe. The title company that was going to do the closing -- they freely call him 'John Strong'. Could their be more than ONE John Strong? Of course. But neither of KS or MO realtor search engines pulled up more than ONE person under that name. But again, how is one sure about anything?

Should the realtor who's license you've now published and linked to a sordid tale choose to take action (and they weren't actually involved) you might find yourself liable.

^^^ Yes. I understand that. That is why I was hesitant at first to use names. Someone on the forum encouraged me to use names. I thought about it a bit and I figured . . . OK. I'm pretty sure my facts are right. But am I 'positive'? No. Of course not. How can/could I be? Do I feel it is HIGHLY LIKELY (90% probability) that I have the right man? Yes.

Considering that a realtors reputation is about all they have, that trigger might be pulled quicker than you would think.

^^^ He hides. He doesn't answer critical questions. The CLOSING COMPANY posed five question to this person - they choose to answer none of them. I wonder why? Does this prove I am right? No. Do I think it is highly likely? Yes. Considering all of my dealings with this guy . . . and how he know has disappeared completely . . . I don't think he has a 'reputation' to protect.

From the Title Company:

Feb 17 (11 days ago)

to me, Amit, John,

I will need answers to all of my questions below before we can move forward.

John,
We will need to know when buyer will be able to wire funds for disbursement. Please provide a date that you wish to close and disburse. We will need an amendment prepared extending closing through this date and signed by all parties. Shall I adjust the prorations or just change the funding date?? Please advise on all of the above asap and thank you.

Thank you!

XXX
Office Manager/ Escrow Closer
Continental Title Company

As for points 1 and 2. Whether or not you agree isnt really that important - just that you know others will see it that way too.

^^^ With 'the publishing names stuff' -- now you have made me 'slightly' paranoid . . . that is why I put the 'XXX' for the name of the person at the above title company who sent the above email me to me and a guy named 'John' (agent/broker) and a guy named 'Amit'.

I get it, I'd be trying to unload those houses as fast as possible. Hopefully, the new realtor you're working with has somebody looking for some quick flips or investment properties.
First, they are a real company. They give their names and the business address and all contact info. They advertise on the radio daily. 'If we don't sell your house in 90 days or less -- we will buy it." At 75% of the appraised value.

Now . . . I wonder and will ask the new agent tomorrow when I see her (I have NEVER seen the above 'Jon Strong' -- not even a photo) . . . who does the appraisal? What does she think it will appraise for based on her years of experience? Any other questions I should ask of this new agent that I will most likely do business with?

Thank you.

Dean

Old 03-06-2016, 03:18 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Tell me if I've got this right: Strongis currently licensed in Missouri (thru 6/2016) and revoked in Kansas. If the property is located in Missouri (Independence) then he is legally permitted act as a realtor to sell the property. The fact that he is revoked in Kansas bears on his ethics and reputation, but right now, he is a legal agent in Missouri.

If you really just want to sell the properties at any price, why not call any of the many "We'll Buy Your House" firms in the Kansas City area and do so. You'll have your money in a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate