Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 08:32 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,785,554 times

Advertisements

Are you Dude B in this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 08:47 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,219,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddw77 View Post
Do you really think this 'agent' has tried to steal the house from me for nothing? That he would be in co-hoots with the Title Company?
That's extremely unlikely. Far more likely is that they suddenly realized their negligence made you vulnerable to a scam. Not their scam, but the buyer's scam. And you could maybe sue the real estate agent and the title company, to compensate you for making you vulnerable to the scam. And that might be why they aren't communicating with you much. To not give you more ammo for a lawsuit against them.

But if you demand a letter from them, stating the amount received, and they give you a runaround, that's a clue that they probably feel vulnerable to being sued by you, and want their attorneys to review any letters they give you.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:42 PM

72 posts, read 76,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I would say have your attorney call...no, write a letter to the title company giving them a deadline to either complete the closing by paying you the agreed amount, or void the sale.
If no money has been paid, there is no sale.
@Redraven -- great idea. How about this. Instead of sending it to the Company that I sat down with on 2/9/16 -- send the letter to their REGIONAL office. Go 'above their heads' so to speak. What do you think?

Old 02-13-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
That's extremely unlikely. Far more likely is that they suddenly realized their negligence made you vulnerable to a scam. Not their scam, but the buyer's scam. And you could maybe sue the real estate agent and the title company, to compensate you for making you vulnerable to the scam. And that might be why they aren't communicating with you much. To not give you more ammo for a lawsuit against them.

But if you demand a letter from them, stating the amount received, and they give you a runaround, that's a clue that they probably feel vulnerable to being sued by you, and want their attorneys to review any letters they give you.
They got a long paper trail that shows many lies and contradictions and missed dates and then trying to rent out my home -- that they do not own because they never gave anybody any money yet.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised this Tuesday afternoon and see that they have paid me. We shall see. Is suing them worth it? Can I gain 5 to 10K after suing them? Keep in mind that I would also have to FIND an attorney and PAY the attorney. My attorney is excellent but he is in KS. The said property is in MO. Thanks a bunch!

I'm sure p*ssed at myself and them . . . but on the positive side I have learned many priceless lessons from the kind folks on this forum. Thank you all!

Old 02-13-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargoman View Post
Are you Dude B in this situation?
Let me take a look. I wrote that a while ago and so forgot who was who. I wrote (now with new additions to make the roles clearer):

Dude A (the buyer) said he will buy my house. Closing was set. The closing date was 2/9/16. I signed docs. Money has NOT been wired to me yet.

Dude A (the buyer), although he does not own my house officially (if ever), has already advertised on the net several places as 'for rent'. When I question him about this - he said he likes to check out the market before commiting . . . Can he legally advertise for rent - a property he doesn't own?

(end of quote)

I don't see a dude B. If their was one, he could be the 'agent' who acts as if he is working for both sides to put the deal together. He is a mystery man. He works for no particular agency that I can find. He did his dotloop business with me via a realtor that works in the largest and most successful reality outfit in KC. R/N.

I will look again for the Dude B that you mention. Thank you for your time and interest.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:59 PM

I can't find the Dude B that the one poster was asking me about. Any help? Thanks.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:25 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,785,554 times
Quote:
Let me take a look. I wrote that a while ago and so forgot who was who. I wrote (now with new additions to make the roles clearer):

Dude A (the buyer) said he will buy my house. Closing was set. The closing date was 2/9/16. I signed docs. Money has NOT been wired to me yet.

Dude A (the buyer), although he does not own my house officially (if ever), has already advertised on the net several places as 'for rent'. When I question him about this - he said he likes to check out the market before commiting . . . Can he legally advertise for rent - a property he doesn't own?

(end of quote)

I don't see a dude B. If their was one, he could be the 'agent' who acts as if he is working for both sides to put the deal together. He is a mystery man. He works for no particular agency that I can find. He did his dotloop business with me via a realtor that works in the largest and most successful reality outfit in KC. R/N.

I will look again for the Dude B that you mention. Thank you for your time and interest.
Lol....thank you for that. Made my day!

Old 02-13-2016, 10:35 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,276,581 times
Quote:
Both myself and the 'buyer' signed a 'residential real estate contract'. I signed a 'exclusive right to sale contract (residential use only - F315--M W/F 204). I am not quite sure what the heck that is. I signed a lead-paint-disclosure w/title 42 and HUD EPA (321), then three addendums (F300) . . . those were mostly about the one change in price and the two changes in the dates for the closing. 'On or before 2/9/16 and then one might have been changing the closing to 2/12/16.

Do you smell FRAUD? What steps do you think I should do next? Thank you very much.
What really gives me goosebumps is the mysterious "agent". Is this agent local? Call his office. I would call the loan entity/officer and see why they have not closed. Also I would have a big problem with someone advertising what is MY property as a rental. They do not own it. At least not yet. They can advertise it all they want once they own it.

A exclusive right to sale contract if I'm not mistaken means that no matter who buys the property, that agent will get the listing commission.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:31 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,562,478 times
So, I'm going with mortgage fraud.

Mysterious buyer, anxious other cast of characters that suddenly disappear/are unavailable, money not showing up, professionals working together in a close group....yet, a very unprofessional result.

Here's a longer description I have in some notes that explains it better:

"The most common industry professional mortgage fraud scams are the air loan and appraisal fraud. The air loan is a loan obtained on a nonexistent property or for a nonexistent borrower. A group of professionals will often work together to create a fake borrower, a chain of title on a nonexistent property, and to get a title and property insurance binder. Additionally, the fraud chain may include phone banks and mailboxes to create fake employment verifications, home addresses and borrower telephone numbers. The airloan scam simply puts cash into the hands of the perpetrators, and no property is ever bought or sold. Appraisal fraud often involves a real estate agent, builder, appraiser and loan officer working together to maximize a purchase price and loan amount in order to increase commission. On the other hand, corrupt appraisers will often undervalue a property to ensure that a fellow investor will be able to purchase the asset."

Old 02-14-2016, 12:20 AM

6,785 posts, read 11,426,546 times
DDW - I am in Kansas City so I know when you're talking about "R N" realty firm you are referring to Reece Nichols. For the rest of you, they are THE major real estate firm in KC. I would contact them tomorrow about their agent who is involved with the document signing. I'd immediately have the locks changed on your house. If this idiot who is "buying" is advertising your house on Craig's list, I'd put an ad on there yourself saying something like "123 Main Street is being fraudulently offered for lease".

If by some chance you actually DO receive money, I would make darned sure it's good before proceeding with any additional paperwork. Don't trust a cashiers check. Scammers are notorious for counterfeiting them.

I see so many red flags in this deal I would run for the hills. Is the only thing you've signed the purchase contract - not any sort of warranty deed? If you have signed a warranty deed - be at the title company 8:00 am Tuesday and get all the copies into your possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate