Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:48 AM

19,398 posts, read 27,703,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Met another set of neighbors(who seemed excellent neighbors) and this whole thing may be a false alarm. Seems those kids who were biking all over the yard were just visitors. The real problem kids are apparently another set of young kids at the end of the block who haven't accepted that this new subdivision has popped up in their play field. Will do things like ride their power wheels through everyone's driveway and not move when you pull up on them. Guess it's a good thing both cars have backup cams.

A trash day has come and gone and the trash pile is still there though. And yes the house is vacant but it is also the neighborhood model/office and that pile is visible from the main street entrance to the subdivision. But seems they're not living there full time yet so hopefully that gets addressed and doesn't continue. If we ran into them I would even offer to take the boxes off their hands to use for our move rather than let them get rained on.
Maybe they have listed the boxes on freecycle or craigslist and nobody has picked them up yet? That's the only time I've left boxes outside my home, but made sure they were gone by the end of the day. The one time they didn't get picked up was in our present home. I think theriblem then was that nobody could find the house because it was new construction - none of the online maps or GPS units showed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 09:07 AM

11,046 posts, read 9,684,120 times
Here's a thought...OP changes his mind moves to his perfect quiet utopia and a month later the next door neighbor sells his place to a family with six kids and a basketball hoop. If you live in a neighborhood with yards less than half an acre you are going to be subject to the noises of your neighbors. Neighbors come and go and you don't get to control that.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:52 AM

15,539 posts, read 40,308,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
seems most posters have a hard time reading your last sentence.
I certainly don't and I wouldn't think that is acceptable kids' behavior either .
No one thinks it is acceptable, but kids do stupid things. No parent wakes up in the morning and says, "I need to remind my kids not to ride their bikes on the neighbors sod, or I should remind my son to not put pizza in the toaster oven while still on the plate." You can't possibly think of every mistake kids will make and proactively address ALL of them.

That's all people are saying. Kids do rude things. If you live in a neighborhood, inevitably a child will make a bad decision toward another person. Might be you or not you. The other day, the stupid judgment call impacted the OP. There might not be another issue ever. The OP could move and live next to someone worse. Just because they put their boxes/trash outside while they are moving in doesn't mean they are terrible people.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:02 AM

858 posts, read 1,801,588 times
I have more than an acre and I still heard the kids playing in the other yards (also 1+ ac.)

Old 07-31-2016, 11:51 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,598,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Here's a thought...OP changes his mind moves to his perfect quiet utopia and a month later the next door neighbor sells his place to a family with six kids and a basketball hoop. If you live in a neighborhood with yards less than half an acre you are going to be subject to the noises of your neighbors. Neighbors come and go and you don't get to control that.
Nothing you can do about hoops on their property but make sure your HOA prohibits portable hoops on the street or sidewalk, that would be annoying to have noise and kids in the street.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:02 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,605,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The kids don't know your sod is new and fragile. Kids are dopey, that's why they have to live with us till they're at least 18. My son tried to reheat a slice of pizza in the toaster oven the other day while it was still on the plate. His brain went away when he turned 14 and I've been assured it will return by the time he's 19 or so.
This post made me LOL. I am not necessarily good about neighbor kids and their antics but I would be neighbors with this person, any day of the week. Thx for the laugh.

I have 5 grandsons and they make me want to smack them sometimes.......<S>

Old 07-31-2016, 01:24 PM

26,181 posts, read 21,481,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yep as I said before, would love to buy into a 55+ community and probably will in 20 years when old enough to do so. As they say of Portland "it's where 30 year olds go to retire".

It isn't kids being kids that I have an issue with. It's kids being destructive of new sod which is fragile at this stage.

Why did the model home need the yard resoded?

Old 07-31-2016, 01:28 PM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
This post made me LOL. I am not necessarily good about neighbor kids and their antics but I would be neighbors with this person, any day of the week. Thx for the laugh.

I have 5 grandsons and they make me want to smack them sometimes.......<S>
It's been quite a summer. Twin boys. Almost 16. Enough said. I found his phone in the shower the same day he tried to put the pizza in the toaster over.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:17 PM

17,203 posts, read 12,099,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Why did the model home need the yard resoded?
Market is just so hot here that the whole community sells quickly. The rest of the homes are just dirt/mulch.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:00 PM

450 posts, read 547,402 times
sounds like the price is right for you to buy there. You cannot control who might move into a neighborhood so even if you have perfect neighbors now they can sell/rent out to neighbors from hell.

Our neighbor to one side likes to put random used furniture, motobike and whatever in the area between our houses but fortunately there is a fence in between so it is not an eyesore to us. Is a fence going up between your houses? How did you find out they wouldn't live there full time? The dog with no yard would concern me. We know some people with a large dog who jumped into buying a house with pretty much no usable yard and the dog is kept in the garage.

If it's really that bad, could you switch to buying another house in the subdivision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate