Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 AM

152 posts, read 432,683 times

Advertisements

1) We are currently listed and are going to settlement on August 29th. I'm live in the PA burbs. We used a realtor.

2) We are looking to buy in or around Jacksonville Florida. It will only be after we sell. We will use a realtor again.

3) We hope to purchase in the next 6 months or so. We need a little more $$ and we can pay cash for a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 01:05 PM

380 posts, read 2,351,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
1) Please post if you are planning to SELL your home? When (spring, summer, fall, or currently listed)? And whether or not you will go with a Realtor or FSBO? Also let us know the city and state, if you feel comfortable doing so .

2) Next, please let us know if you are planning to BUY after you sell; prior to selling; or have no home to sell prior to buying? Will you use a Realtor to buy or go it alone? Again, where are you looking to buy (don't answer this if you do not want to )!

3) If you are selling and will not buy another home right away, WHY NOT ? (i.e. is all the MEDIA coverage affecting your buying decisions or has the Mortgage situation affected you negatively, etc.?)
(1) Nothing to sell as we've always rented. But if/when we do sell, we'd definitely use a realtor whom we trust.

(2) We just closed yesterday () on a home in Davis, just outside Sacramento, CA. The city is a relatively stable market, prices have come down but not the freefall in the nearby Sacramento and Fresno areas.

Used a Realtor whom we'll recommend to everyone/anyone who asks. Would never buy w/out a realtor like him. We called him our rock because he was the only one we could depend on when everything else was going wrong w/ mortgage broker, insurance co., escrow co., seller's realtor, etc.

(3) n/a

Ps: I want to thank everyone for all the help and advice getting us through this process. I know it's much harder to be a seller, but it's no picnic being a first-time buyer either. I really appreciate all the guidance I got plus just reading this board has been so educational. Good luck to all buyers and sellers!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I'm just trying to get a feel for the Real Estate Market this year and I'm looking for responses that are mainly BRIEF and to the POINT ! (I'm also kindly asking Realtors to NOT post in this thread please )

1) Please post if you are planning to SELL your home? When (spring, summer, fall, or currently listed)? And whether or not you will go with a Realtor or FSBO? Also let us know the city and state, if you feel comfortable doing so .

2) Next, please let us know if you are planning to BUY after you sell; prior to selling; or have no home to sell prior to buying? Will you use a Realtor to buy or go it alone? Again, where are you looking to buy (don't answer this if you do not want to )!

3) If you are selling and will not buy another home right away, WHY NOT ? (i.e. is all the MEDIA coverage affecting your buying decisions or has the Mortgage situation affected you negatively, etc.?)

Thanks in advance for your honest posts !! I'm betting that there are others that want to buy a home, but can't, due to factors other than the Media or waiting for prices to bottom out .

1) I'm not sure when we'll sell, but when we do we'll use an agent.

2) We're buying in the Tampa area. Yes, we're using a realtor.

3) The media has not influenced us.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:55 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Have 2 houses listed with an agent, hope to sell like yesterday!
Will be relocating and buying as soon as possible once house sells, will use buyers agent.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM

218 posts, read 708,460 times
Been renting in Antelope Valley California @ $500/mo for the past 13 years, now looking forward to a mortgage of about double that, gave our land-lord notice and everything (the hardest step, all those years of a great deal).
Rental is not worth the purchase, years ago we would've considered it but not now.

Last edited by Blockheadofaknew; 08-19-2008 at 01:32 PM..

Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM

2 posts, read 6,785 times
Planning on selling my mom's house (estate). Live in Hudson Valley, Orange Co., NY. Had a realtor for the past 6 mos. but they did nothing. Contract ended on Sat. and Mon. I sold the house on my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate