Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 10:29 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
Understand your thoughts and concur. I have seen "dual agency" and run from it. However, I do believe that it is best by far to involve an agent in the process rather than a FSBO. Nothing but grief there. The OP did not mention that one.
I would never go the dual agency route either. Ditto with using the builder's inspector alone to examine the condition of your new construction home rather than hiring your own independent inspector. Shall we say "fox guarding the henhouse scenario?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 12:37 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
Hello everyone. If no contract is signed by a buyer and their agent, how long should an agent be expected to work with them? Is there any point of signing a contract and do most agents even suggest this? Is there any reason an agent should start being pushy with a buyer, like they saw a certain amount of homes or you've been working with them for such amount of time and the agent "assuming" it's now time for you to make an offer? Should an agent just be sending listings, showing you the homes but not saying much during the tour, or should they be speaking AND giving information about the area, schools, or is the a sign of a bad/ inexperienced agent? What should the agent be giving you before you make an offer, like comps in the area, etc, or is up to the buyer to ask for all this?
Seems like you're expecting too much from an agent. In my state, all agents require a contract. No contract = no agent. They don't work for free! The contract ensures they get paid when you buy/sell.

If you looked at 30 houses and still haven't made an offer, yeah the agent is going to be really annoyed with you. You're wasting their time. Yes, a realtor is going to send you the listings and schedule the viewings. It's up to you to look through the house and ask questions. Agents don't typically give you neighborhood info or school info. It's up to you to do your own research. Realtors are very restricted in info they can give you so they don't come across as racist or against a town for whatever reason.....they're not allowed to discriminate. And if they say school xyz is fabulous but school rts sucks, they could get in trouble.

If you are making an offer, a realtor will show you what has recently sold and for what. The price you offer is up to you not them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate