Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:57 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfarlin09 View Post
We are listing our home this week on mls with a friend. We currently have it on zillow (less than a week) but want to do mls to get lots of eyes on it. I'm trying to figure out from the photos and everything if there is anything (besides the carolina flag) you see that might deter potential buyers from coming to look at the home and even make an offer. If so please let me know. I'd like to fix whatever before it's officially listed. The link to the zillow page is below. Thanks in advance.

126 Upward Way, Easley, SC 29642 | Zillow
Question: Did you interview 2 or 3 realtors asking them for a listing presentation, and then chose your friend because she had the best presentation?

Take your name off the wall, close the toilet seats, replace the kid themed decor with something neutral in the bathroom, have your agent hire a professional photographer. The house is spotless and neat but somewhat bare. Add a little color here and there to warm up the kitchen especially.

Did you ask your realtor friend all these same questions?

Do you actually believe the stats that Zillow publishes? (please, tell me you don't)

Best wishes, hope it sells fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 03:41 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
I noticed you added a couple of photos of the kitchen, but they all seem to be from the same place (or very close) -- no photos of the INSIDE of the kitchen to see the cabinets, drawers, etc. (And I was disappointed that that wasn't a pantry in the corner!)

You've done a great job of de-cluttering (almost TOO great, as others have pointed out!). I don't like blue so don't like the turquoise, but that certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker, since paint is so easy to change!

(I almost cried when I saw your property taxes. Multiply by 10 and that's just about my number. )

Old 08-23-2016, 05:08 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I noticed you added a couple of photos of the kitchen, but they all seem to be from the same place (or very close) -- no photos of the INSIDE of the kitchen to see the cabinets, drawers, etc. (And I was disappointed that that wasn't a pantry in the corner!)

You've done a great job of de-cluttering (almost TOO great, as others have pointed out!). I don't like blue so don't like the turquoise, but that certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker, since paint is so easy to change!

(I almost cried when I saw your property taxes. Multiply by 10 and that's just about my number. )

The property taxes killed me too, but the listing price is the real killer. Where I live that house with a nice sized yard would be $750-$800k

Old 08-24-2016, 07:05 AM

54 posts, read 51,203 times
Lol y'all I know what you mean. I grew up in FL and the process of homes there compared to here is outrageous. One of the reasons I love living in this state is living cost is low.

I too hate that the corner is not a pantry. We planned on doing a built in but with moving I'm not putting more money into it. We are listing today officially on mls....However, it's a cloudy rainy day not a good photo day but hopefully we get good photos. I am going to also try to post a before and after photo of the kids bath that I redid. Let me know what y'all think. Again thanks so much everyone for your feed back.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:06 AM

Prices not process

Old 08-24-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Question: Did you interview 2 or 3 realtors asking them for a listing presentation, and then chose your friend because she had the best presentation?

Take your name off the wall, close the toilet seats, replace the kid themed decor with something neutral in the bathroom, have your agent hire a professional photographer. The house is spotless and neat but somewhat bare. Add a little color here and there to warm up the kitchen especially.

Did you ask your realtor friend all these same questions?

Do you actually believe the stats that Zillow publishes? (please, tell me you don't)

Best wishes, hope it sells fast!
Which stats are you referring to? Their estimated price etc?

Old 08-24-2016, 07:09 AM

Also what are y'all's thoughts on smells in the home? During the fall time I always put in my wax warmer a smell that has a fall scent.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:18 AM

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...d=0.1&disp=emb

This is a picture of the before and after of the bathroom. It may or may not open...not sure.
Keep in mind the after was taken on my phone so quality will be better with actual mls listing picture.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:51 AM

245 posts, read 291,814 times
the same color scheme (gray on gray on gray with bright blue or pink highlights) through out the house makes it really tough to differentiate between the rooms.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:55 AM

Gray is a very popular home color around here. Most builders in the area actually use gray for the walls in their new builds. So we did our house in it. I like it better than beige or cream or even white walls. It's easy to add pops of color to each room. The living areas are a little Sather and the bedrooms and bathrooms are lighter. It's definitely personal preference. Hopefully it helps me and doesn't hinder me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate